PDA

View Full Version : ZBrush horse

Ancient-Pig
11-07-2005, 09:01 AM
Made a ZBrush horse.. I think hes about 2.2 million faces..

Plans for him.. possibly make a 10k poly version, convert this model to a normal map, do a hair overlay onto the normal map... and create an alpha mane and tail...

Dunno.. prolly just move on to something else..

Learned a lot about horse anatomy on this one...

http://img428.imageshack.us/img428/4371/zhorse6pb.jpg

hsi
11-07-2005, 09:59 AM
great!

nice muscular flow :D

johnwoo
11-07-2005, 04:15 PM
Sweet ZB'ing Ancient!!...Your making me a fan of ya work....nothing to crit dude...awesome work!....I dig the light rig aswell....:thumbsup:

Silentshout
11-07-2005, 04:18 PM
It feels really horrible to point out some stuff that i don't think is correct on this amazing model, but still, yes i will. :D

It looks kinda heavy at the front. But it's really hard to tell if i don't have a side view.
The ribs never show on a horse if it isn't undernourished.
The tail is actually longer than that even without hair. about two to three times longer. If you're not one of those horrible people who once used to cut it off to make the horse look better... (no i really can't tell how or what they were thinking) ;)
The hoof is "split at the back" that actually continues up the leg, it's not round down there.

I guess you wont make any changes anyway, but now you know what i think.
It's so goooooooooooooood!!! :D I'm jealous... ;D

aintnomeaning
11-07-2005, 06:23 PM
Just one point: your anatomy is good, but this horse is severely dehydrated to show that kind of muscle definition. I'm looking at some of my horse reference, and even the racing horses don't pop that much - overall. Yes in some specific places, but not everywhere.

Remember, they have hair over their entire body, so unless you are going to do hair over the entire body, I would seriously consider taking down the sharpness in the muscles around the upper libs/shoulders/hips, and the trapezius.

Silentshout
11-08-2005, 08:57 AM
Just one point: your anatomy is good, but this horse is severely dehydrated to show that kind of muscle definition. I'm looking at some of my horse reference, and even the racing horses don't pop that much - overall. Yes in some specific places, but not everywhere.

Remember, they have hair over their entire body, so unless you are going to do hair over the entire body, I would seriously consider taking down the sharpness in the muscles around the upper libs/shoulders/hips, and the trapezius.

I think it's made as a anatomy study, and that's why he made all the muscle show that much.

SHEPEIRO
11-08-2005, 09:55 AM
tres cool:drool:

Ancient-Pig
11-08-2005, 10:11 AM
Thank you all for your responses and kind words...

Lucrecia - Its never too late to make any changes. I was basing this horse on a horse anatomy book i found, and some pictures around the net. So kind of a melting pot of the two. I sculpted him keeping in mind that I would be generating a normal map from this mesh, and that a hair overlay would be put in place (on the normal map) once that was all said and done. In effect, that would soften the 'cutness' of the horse..

aintnomeaning - I hear ya. Keep in mind hes naked though :P

Thanks for all the comments guys :)

Por@szek
11-08-2005, 01:06 PM
Awesome work on the horse Ancient.:drool: This horse will be lucky when I'm looking the model U made for normals. Cool.

I also saw Your works on GUN project. The texture looks cool, especially when I think they ar for ps2.

:thumbsup:

Ancient-Pig
11-13-2005, 10:31 PM
Thanks man..

Ill keep you guys posted if I take this thing further. Moving onto a ZBrushed sea turtle..

aintnomeaning
11-15-2005, 07:14 AM
aintnomeaning - I hear ya. Keep in mind hes naked though Duh to me - you said that you would do in the first post. Must have missed it. :)

turx
11-15-2005, 12:20 PM
Cheek bone looks a bit weird to me, but overall it looks awesome! the lighting is cool!

did you started with zspheres or with a base mesh?

TheRedemption
11-15-2005, 06:41 PM
wow 2.2 million polys....i think my computer is going to blow up just thinking about it.

CGTalk Moderation
11-15-2005, 06:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.