PDA

View Full Version : Face From Morocco first work for me :)

Nawaf 3D
11-06-2005, 07:45 PM
welcome to friends and experts

The first work through a programCorel Painter Essentials 3.. i want from you inform me while was the mistakes and while was right in a suitable through my project ...

I want from the experts my providing with the ways for painting - human hair - human skin - plant

and what she is the brushes for making the painting a suitable

image origin

http://www.n3d-studio.net/Face%20From%20MoroccoE.jpg

image after painting

http://www.n3d-studio.net/Face-From-Morocco.jpg

thanks

Nawaf 3D

Jinbrown
11-07-2005, 12:48 PM
Hi,

The following comments are only my opinions that you can ignore if they don't fit your vision for how you want the painting to look:

In the photo, the man's face is full of character, with texture, dirt or dark areas of skin, and very defined wrinkles. His hair is wonderfully interesting as it's both black and white, and hairs are uncombed and go in whatever direction they've fallen or been blown. His eyebrows are equally wild with hairs growing in different directions, both black and white. His mustache is the least wild of any part of his facial hair but still interestingly sprinkled with white hairs among the black hairs. His beard is quite curly and because of this, interesting.

You've smoothed out all of the interesting parts of this photo and, in doing so, removed character and interest.

I think would make the painting much more interesting if you painted some of the wrinkles, texture, and hair details back into the painting.

You're very limited using Painter Essentials 3 with so few options available but if you do some testing on a copy of your painting, you might find one or two brush variants that would work.

If this is a Clone painting, you could open the photo and your painting, in the File menu choose Clone Source and check the photo's file name, add a Layer to your painting, use the Cloners' Soft Cloner variant to paint over the skin, then lower the Layer's Opacity until the effect is not so harsh.

I don't know how you can fix the hair eyebrows, moustache, and beard other than to carefully paint in some stray hairs to make it more natural looking. Cloning it back in from the photo (as suggested above for the skin), over the straightened and smoothed hair in your painting, would probably just make it confusing to look at. I think it would only take a little suggestion of less smooth hair to make the painting more interesting than it is now.

Upgrade to Painter IX and you'll have so much more to work with!

Good luck!

Nawaf 3D
11-09-2005, 01:16 PM
you valuable information mentioned

my greetings of you

thanks Jinbrown

nawaf 3d

~art~
11-13-2005, 10:32 PM
nice painting Nawaf ,
thank's Jinbrown for importance information .

CGTalk Moderation
11-13-2005, 10:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.