PDA

View Full Version : Is Paint Essentials 2 any good?

CMB
11-06-2005, 04:18 AM
Well is painter essentails 2 any good?
I have a 6x8 wacom,photoshop cs and painter essentials 2 to paint with.
Wich is best for what in cg painting?

Jinbrown
11-07-2005, 12:57 PM
Hi,

I doubt you'll find many here who use Painter Essentials 2 or the current one, Painter Essentials 3.

I don't have any experience with Painter Essentials 2 so can't say how it's different from Painter Essentials 3 for which I do have the 30 day trial version installed.

Painter Essentials 3 and both Painter Classic 1 and Painter Classic 2 (the earlier lite versions of Painter based on full Painter versions Painter 5 and Painter 7) are all very limited compared to any full Painter version.

If you're serious about painting, I'd strongly suggest upgrading to Painter IX. Then you'll have the full range of brush categories and brush variants, all of the many brush controls, and a huge variety of other features and capabilities you'll never find in Painter Essentials.

Bottom line, though, try Painter Essentials to see what you think.

Also download the free 30 day trial version of Painter IX and spend some time using it.

Then you'll have a good basis for comparison and making a decision.

Good luck!

CGTalk Moderation
11-07-2005, 12:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.