PDA

View Full Version : christmas card

meheekano
11-05-2005, 08:21 PM
doing this for a client. i dont feel that my painting skills are as good as they need to be, besides the obvious anatomy problems,
can you focus on the value and painting technique its self.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/meheekano/nuestra.jpg

Ilikesoup
11-06-2005, 08:12 PM
This is a wonderful concept! Quite original, too, as it doesnt' deal with either Santa or the Nativity itself but on the hope of these shepherds. I like your style, too.

Two crits--
The shepherds all seem to be looking at different spots. If they're all looking at the same star, the people higher up should be looking lower, the seated ones should crane their necks a bit more.

Keep the light source in mind and give their robes a bit more contrast. Deeper shadows and warm highlights will help separate the figures from the trees and sky behind them and will also reinforce the idea that they're bathed in starlight.

The shepherds' crooks are all twisted in different shapes. Is it symbolic of something?

meheekano
11-06-2005, 09:23 PM
thanks,
i wil change their point of view it was hard to try to make them all look at one reference point, and i will work in the lighting issues also, thanks for the crit.

the staffs are just random swirls, i didnt want them to have the same thing on all of them. i was thinking about putting in their companies logo on them but it turned out to cheesie, even for me.

thanks again.

CGTalk Moderation
11-06-2005, 09:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.