PDA

View Full Version : Shortcut Keys for Airbrush in PS7

Eudaimic
11-17-2002, 11:42 PM
Hey,

It's been a while since I ported to PS7, but I have yet to figure out what the shortcut key for airbrush is :( In 6 it used to be J, but now it's been conbined with the brush tool, and I can't seem to find any shortcut for it :(

Any ideas?

Eudaimic
11-19-2002, 08:34 AM
No one?

Iain McFadzen
11-19-2002, 09:31 AM
There isn't one.

Don't get me started...

frog
11-19-2002, 07:04 PM
Easiest way round this is to create a preset airbrush that you like and then use an action to call it up with a key.

I have several brush presets that I call up in this manner, and you can even link the action keypress to your Wacom's pop up menu and call up your presets with your stylus.

Eudaimic
11-20-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Iain McFadzen
There isn't one.

Don't get me started...

That's great... Just like they decided to change TGA's to not having alpha channels because it was for 'the greater good' :) (Yeah I know they changed it back in the patch, but I can't apply the patch to my version :()

I guess I could do a lot of presets, but it's just a really big hazzle.

Iain McFadzen
11-21-2002, 02:23 PM
Just so you know, you can copy the TGA plugin from PS5.5 and replace the one in PS7 if you have both versions installed.

Eudaimic
11-21-2002, 05:38 PM
Ohooo. I don't have it though :(

There wouldn't happen to be some generous soul somewhere around here?

frog
11-22-2002, 01:29 PM
To be fair, creating one preset to call up an airbrush with a keypress is hardly a big hassle ;)

Eudaimic
11-22-2002, 02:50 PM
Well, I have a range of brushes (set sizes and edge hardness) that I always use, that way I can browse through them using , and . (on a Danish keyboard layout anyway). But if I have to edit each one to be an airbrush, that'll take me a little while and be a hazzle... unless of course I'm missing something?

frog
11-22-2002, 04:34 PM
Well, these brushes: are they set sizes and edge hardness you created yourself? If so you can import them or recreate them and save them in your brush presets and still navigate them with your "," & "." keys (just remember to set them as airbrushes).

The default palette has a number of airbrush presets you can navigate with the same keys. Very similar to using the airbrush and those keys in earlier versions, if you were using default brushes.

Alternatively, if the size is the only parameter you need to change you can set your brush up and use the "[" & "]" keys to change the size up and down, all your other settings will remain as they were.

Edit: You can also change the hardness to harder or softer by using Shift + "[" & "]".

Iain McFadzen
11-22-2002, 04:53 PM
Frog is a "glass is half full" type of a guy, thank God there are people like him the world or "half empty" guys like me would just have to run around shouting at each other :)

frog
11-22-2002, 10:40 PM
Hehe, I'm one of those that likes the new toys and is more than happy to drop the old ones in flash...

My glass is actually very full as I'm off to spend a month in Australia and leave the English winter far behind me, I'll see you back here next year and we can continue our ongoing discussion on the merits and drawbacks of Photoshop 7 right up until Photoshop 8 comes out :)

Happy New year!!!!

Eudaimic
11-22-2002, 10:43 PM
Ah, cool!

Well have a good time down on the other side. Meanwhile I'll freeze my ass off here in Scotland until mid December when I fly back to Denmark and freeze my ass off there over winter :)

Gentle Fury
11-28-2002, 12:32 AM
interesting discussion......why not just press B?????

vertigo
11-28-2002, 12:39 AM
Hi!

To cut a long story short: The shortcut for the Brushtool is in PS7 the B! So, you click on the Brush icon on the top palette and then it is saved! Every time you press B the Brushtool is activated together with the pressed Brush preference!

Have fun!

Greets

vertigo

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.