PDA

View Full Version : Ghosting / OnionSkin question

Layer01
11-05-2005, 10:14 AM
hi
i'm having some troubles with onionskin atm. in XSI i'm used to just turning on onionskin and straight away i'll see the character in a ghosted mode several frames forward and back (depending on my settings)
so far in messiah i have not found a way to ghost the mesh, only the bone that i am selecting. What i would like to have is my character's mesh (i dont really care about the bones) visible for a few frames forward and back, regardless of whats selected, in fact the mesh would be unselectable. How can i do this, i am sure its possible and i'm just not setting something right.
thanks

isobarxx
11-07-2005, 05:40 PM
Go Customize > Onion Skin to tell it what to show onion skinning for. You'd set Target to "Select Object" and Target Obj to your mesh. There's a bunch of other options there to play with too.

Layer01
11-07-2005, 09:03 PM
ahhh ok thank very much for the tip. i was confused cause i thought the select object meant it would be whatever object i had selected in the viewport.
thanks again :)

CGTalk Moderation
11-07-2005, 09:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.