PDA

View Full Version : scriptjob renderview

YourDaftPunk
11-05-2005, 05:06 AM
How can I setup a scriptjob to run when the rederview is opened? Nothing seems to work for me.

Hirni_NG
11-06-2005, 01:05 PM
How can I setup a scriptjob to run when the rederview is opened? Nothing seems to work for me.

What about creating your own script with a button that does whatever you want to do and then opens the renderview window...

YourDaftPunk
11-06-2005, 06:06 PM
It is a post-render script. When I create my own window, I guess because maya is creating one as well, it crashes 'fatal error' style.

Hirni_NG
11-06-2005, 07:08 PM
It is a post-render script. When I create my own window, I guess because maya is creating one as well, it crashes 'fatal error' style.

Not really. The quick fix would be a button that contains

RenderIntoNewWindow;
DoWahteveryouwanttodo();

If you want to do something in the renderview you need to check out the
renderWindowEditor;

command.
One can have only one instance of the renderEditor, so this must be taken into account.

YourDaftPunk
11-08-2005, 04:26 AM
Ok, I got it working, but not how I would have expected. As a post-render command it won't run with the renderview closed from the start- my script will try to edit the renderwindow when it doesn't exist. If I create my own window - as you said Hirni_NG- you can't have two instances (always crashes for me when I try).

If I set the render window editing comand as evalDefferred it runs like a charm though as the code follows the window's creation. I wish I had figured that out sooner! Mel is still new to me.

-shawn

CGTalk Moderation
11-08-2005, 04:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.