PDA

View Full Version : TP - texture particle groups

Creature
11-04-2005, 09:28 PM
Is there a way to apply different textures to particles groups? I think I'm missing something obvious here.

What I want to do is this: I have an object which is placed in the scene as a single particle. This particle is then destroyed by PFragment. Everything works fine. The original "whole" object has got a greyish texture. But I want the particles produced by the PFragment to have a red texture. How do I apply materials to particle groups?

MJV
11-04-2005, 10:46 PM
This is something I always have to refigure out whenever I do it, but I believe the proper procedure is to use different Particle Geometry objects with the different groups assigned to them, and then place the textures tags on the different Particle Geometry objects.

Creature
11-05-2005, 09:01 AM
But I can't use different ParticleGeometry Objects since the particle geometry is produced by the PFragment...

Srek
11-05-2005, 09:56 AM
But I can't use different ParticleGeometry Objects since the particle geometry is produced by the PFragment...
You can, just put those particles in a different group and assign this group to the Particle Geometry object. Make sure not to assign a new shape.
Cheers
Björn

Creature
11-05-2005, 10:38 AM
Thank you very much - works like a treat

CGTalk Moderation
11-05-2005, 10:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.