PDA

View Full Version : C4D lighting system, need basics explained

maikukai
11-04-2005, 02:12 PM
I've been using Cinema 4D since v.6 and I feel a little embarrassed that I am asking this question. I guess up until now my knowledge of lighting has gotten me by. I am starting to do much more complex things and it's time I learned some of the basics I've overlooked.

Say I'm doing an office lobby scene with many little spot lights and a few incandescents.

I add one light at default the brightness of 100%. If I add another, suddenly the scene is way too bright. So I cut both back to 50% and the scene looks ok. Now say I add 20 lights, at 5% for each light, the scene is bright enough but each light isn't giving off enough illumination.

I know my thinking is flawed, so can some one point me in the right direction. How do I add 20 lights to a scene and have them behave like real lights?

SteveB
11-04-2005, 02:14 PM
Hi - have a play with the "falloff" settings for the lights, inverse square usually works for me.

Steve

CGTalk Moderation
11-04-2005, 02:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.