PDA

View Full Version : Wacom and what happens with the presure

Hexodam
11-17-2002, 06:16 PM
Its probably just me but I think that the presure thing in photoshop doesnt work very real, works good in painter though.

what I want is that the harder I press the more opacy the bursh gets and softer I get less opacy. Is there any way to do this in photoshop?

only think I get in photoshop is a wider brush.

jeroentje
11-17-2002, 06:42 PM
Like this?

Hexodam
11-17-2002, 07:21 PM
yeah, kinda :)
just have to figure out how to tweak it better, thanks for the tip

Ian Jones
11-18-2002, 06:54 AM
Don't forget you can also adjust the sensitivity on your Wacom itself. The top right corner... soft | med | firm

Just touch it with your stylus.

Bmud
11-19-2002, 02:10 PM
That depends on which tablet you have. In OpenCanvas (http://www.portalgraphics.net) you can set a curve for how the pressure affects the brush under each individual aspect (blur/size/opacity)

Iain McFadzen
11-19-2002, 02:28 PM
Depends on which PS you're using too. Brushes in PS 7 are a world away from PS 5.5 (which is where that screen grab was taken).

eliseu gouveia
12-01-2002, 02:27 AM
No, iīm pretty sure thatīs at least PS6; I had PS 5.5 in my machine up until two nights ago (so the memory is still very fresh) before I upgraded to PS 7 for reasons that escape me right now and I didnīt recognize WHAT on earth was wrong with the brush controls up there or the strange looking interface.

Still havenīt.

Right now Iīm busting my brain trying to discover how can I change the diameter of the stroke by increasing the pressure in my Wacom tablet.

Iīm pretty sure itīs something so simple a chimp could figure out, but I myself right now just feel like throwing a tantrum, screaming for mommy and get back to PS 5.5 from where I should have never left.

- Help!!!

eliseu gouveia
12-01-2002, 02:45 AM
Aaaaaannd itīs official; a Bug!

I closed the file and opened it again; now, the brush strokes is actually reacting to the pressure in the Wacom Tablet, the diameter of the stroke increasing according to the strenght applied, just like it should B.

My precioussss PS 5.5 is looking more and more inviting by the minute...

Stroker
12-01-2002, 03:33 AM
Went to the Adobe site real quick. Found a QT movie that talks about PS 7's new paint engine and a tablet.

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/newfeatures.html

Right at the top and in the middle ("New Paint Engine").
Don't know if that will help you are not.

eliseu gouveia
12-01-2002, 04:26 AM
Yes, the Paint Tutorial was interesting enough, even though they didnīt cover all the options possible (how could they? The possibilities must be endless!! :) ) .

But I really felt in love with the Healing Brush tutiorial (and Iīm not even a Photomanipulator!!), itīs simple, clear (, funny :) ) and to the point.

I suspect Iīll be using this tool a lot in the future (or trying to find arguments to use it :) ).

I was hoping to find something about the Wacom pressure prob I ran into, though.

jeroentje
12-01-2002, 07:15 AM
@Ian and Eliseu
That's 6.0

Stroker
12-01-2002, 03:10 PM
So, the settings keep switching, or defaulting back, when you start PS?

You can try trashing your pref file, then moving things back to where you like them and things. I believe you hold ctrl + alt + delete while PS is starting. This has been known to fix similiar problems.

Or you can record and action. Start recording an action, set your brush options to what you want, quick recording, and run the action whenever you need to. Perhaps even bind it to a key for a quick and easy fix.

Unless, of course, it's still behaving.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.