PDA

View Full Version : People's Car (vw Beetle), Blasphemy3_d (3D)

blasphemy3_d
11-17-2002, 05:55 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/15624/vwbettle_large_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/15624/vwbettle_large.jpg)

Hi again.

It´s my last job.

Four days for the car mesh & paint, two days for the street mesh & paint and another two days seting up the scene.

Hope you like

Critiques are wellcome!!!!

2cool
11-17-2002, 06:02 PM
Awesome !!! Great job !!Perfect 10 !!:eek:
You rock!!!:bowdown:

Dr.Jones
11-17-2002, 06:04 PM
I love it, I thought it would be "another new beetle" but I love the good old one. Looks almost phototrealistic

Edit: I give you 5 stars right now

blath
11-17-2002, 06:10 PM
I don't get it. Your showing a picture of your RL car?? :) Just kidding. wow GOOOD JOB.

At first I thought you were showing us some paint graphic work you had done on a real car .. and while thinking 'ya nice paint job I guess' (was expecting to see something like ghost paint or something but I did think the paint was nice) and other thoughts like well at least he gots work.

than I re-read it.. AND...

:) oH! wow. dang. it's a cg car. :)

heh heh very nice. good job! :)

Neo85
11-17-2002, 06:14 PM
wow incredible job!! :beer:
post another pic...?:thumbsup:

Faraguay
11-17-2002, 06:46 PM
Oh my f@#€ng god!!! That's really impressive! And only a week to do the work... You are really a master. I only wanted to point up some things I noticed. The top of the car is too bright to me (but I'm unable to make that kind of GI, so...perfect anyway). The parachoques trasero (I don't know the word in english, sorry) is way too reflective and "new" may be.
The last thing I see is the sun is casting shadows not parallel... I mean the car casts a bigger shadow than the wall on the right... as if the sun was just over the wall. Maybe It really is like that, but to me it seems a bit funny.

Anyway, a PERFECT work. 5 stars from me, of course! God damn! Just photorealistic! :buttrock:

Could you post a wire or something more???? I want to see more.

MrKeith
11-17-2002, 06:51 PM
Wicked car! I've been a veedub fan forever and have owned many. I only have 2 crits. There is no fender beading (the black rubber bead that runs between the fender and the body) and the bumpers you have on the car have supports coming off the top of the overrider bars that go through the fenders and attache to the body of the car. I only say this because I have a 64 in the garage that I drive every day... and you tend to pay attention to those things.

Other than that, superb work!:buttrock:

k

Just H
11-17-2002, 06:58 PM
Wow! That's amazing. A wire would be cool. I really like the leaves and stuff on the road. It makes things dirty and adds a ton of realizm. I just dont understand the little "1300" on the back of it... that's all. It's minor, but it just kinda looks like it was put on top of the entire image. Great work!

blasphemy3_d
11-17-2002, 07:06 PM
Thanks you all for the comments!

the time render is tto big, but I´ll post some more renders in a short period.

Someone ask about the 1300... it´s the model. Maybe also the size of the engine... I´m not sure :)

wgreenlee1
11-17-2002, 07:35 PM
Great job!!!
The top of it really looks blown out by the light but everything else looks great!

Frinsklen
11-17-2002, 07:41 PM
:surprised :eek:

I cant add anything.
...as superb as usual.

:thumbsup:

rock
11-17-2002, 07:43 PM
Tremendous street and car and paint. We should name it "The street car named desire". It takes you faster to paint your CG car than it takes me to wash my real car.

Rock.

thx1138
11-17-2002, 08:06 PM
8 days for this !!! Dude you have some serious skills !! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Love the mood. Car's color just fits right in. Excellent stuff. Don't know how you did it in 8 days, would've taken me at least 1 month and I wouldn't be anywhere near this quality. Please tell me you still eat and go out once in a while ;)

Grtz

derErschaffer
11-17-2002, 08:11 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

damn beatiful...:thumbsup:

stephen2002
11-17-2002, 08:22 PM
I usually don't do a post like this but...

HOLY CRAP THAT IS AMAZING! :applause:

mind giving us a little insight as to how the lighting was done?

digitalBIZ
11-17-2002, 08:39 PM
wow!.
very NICE work and Realism.

:applause: :applause: :thumbsup:

viper11885
11-17-2002, 08:41 PM
wow, damn, just 8 days?? u sure about that ?? :D:D.. haha, j/k...

that's really impressive... good work!!! :).. but yeah, i noticed that the roof of the car does look a bit bright... but anyways, very nice.

hopefully u can put up some more pics :)

orange_3D
11-17-2002, 08:51 PM
great work!

it's a really really good image you've created! I expecially like the dry fallen leaves on the pavement :thumbsup:

errr...i am not an expert on beetles but the mount for the sideview mirror seems odd...a little bit too thin perhaps?

other than that...absolutely magnificent:drool:

oh, is the crack pattern on the white road stripe paint the same for both stripes? just wondering...

cheers! :beer:

ThirdEye
11-17-2002, 09:04 PM
Simply perfect! Software?? :thumbsup:

CarlCampbell
11-17-2002, 09:20 PM
:buttrock: Yeah! España vuevle dando caña genteeeee! Man, I really like the car, especially the pavement of your scene too! So, so... tocable, jeje ;)

Me encanta!

Carl

HapZungLam
11-17-2002, 09:39 PM
this is a CG car and street? NO WAYYY. you must be kiddin.:surprised

Spozzfreund
11-17-2002, 09:47 PM
Just perfect! :thumbsup: :bowdown:
I feel like Scrat when looking at this picture.
http://people.freenet.de/fsr/franzman.jpg

Jinxo
11-17-2002, 09:50 PM
VERY nicely done indeed.

You're not at photoreal levels tho. Assuming you are gunning for it, two points that IMO are not quite there...
1) The car seems to be catching way too much highlight.
2) The rest of the environment seems to be too... well... too color-rich. Its colors are too saturated.

All in all, this could pass as an artistic photo.

Again though, very nicely done.

cheers
Alex

RockinAkin
11-17-2002, 10:06 PM
Wow, very impressive work.
Especially with the fallen leaves on the street and sidewalk.

Can you post a wireframe view?
-DivideByZero-

CarlCampbell
11-17-2002, 10:12 PM
HEAR, HEAR! Definately wanna see a wire of this one!

Carl

EDIT: And I agree with Jinxo that the yellow stripe is a little too satted.

Kirt
11-17-2002, 10:13 PM
If I saw this anywhere else besides here I wouldn't have thought it was CG. Really nice job on the image, especially the car textures and reflections. I had to really stare at this for a long time to find any faults. Below are a few things that I noticed could probably be tweaked to make this even more photo real.

But, make no mistake about it ... this is really a nice render and the points I'm making are really nit-picky. Excellent job, I'm giving you 5 stars and two thumbsup. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A few nit-picky suggestions:
Someone already mentioned that the crack pattern on the stripes are the same. But, I also noticed that the lane the car is in, is very narrow. You probably wouldn't see a broken white line anywhere that's this close to the curb unless the car happens to be parked in a bike lane.

The pavement (black part) could use some stains, cracks, etc. Most asphalt, unless freshly poured, doesn't look this nice. Usually there is an oil track through the center (between the painted stripes), and other areas where car fluids have spilled. Along the curb, you could put some cracks in there or have areas where the asphalt has separated from the concrete curb.

The leaves under the car seem to be to light in color. Considering the harsh light reflection from the top of the car, I would imagine that these leaves would be less saturated in color.

CroitiX
11-17-2002, 10:36 PM
Now post the pic you made instead of the RL-reference! :p

hehe jk awsome work!!! :thumbsup:

Tylerb59
11-17-2002, 10:38 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:applause: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

ilasolomon
11-17-2002, 10:39 PM
:surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised
in the term of PHOTO REALISM or ULTRA-SUPER REALISM?!...

akewt
11-17-2002, 11:09 PM
yeah yeah, anyone can put a photo of there car up here and say its cg.... but wait is it cg.... it is!, it is!!!

great work m8

yasserdin
11-18-2002, 12:10 AM
Wow top noch!

what program did you use? is it poli/nurb, can i cee the wire frame. wire frames are like hacking in to the mind.

keep it up
:drool:

illOgic
11-18-2002, 12:12 AM
wow nice. :) Herbie. meep meep.

Wiro
11-18-2002, 12:15 AM
Holy cow! I thought for sure someone was taking the p.ss here again by uploading a photograph until I read the remarks about the reoccuring crack patterns etc. LOL! excellent work!!! Hey, I'd keep those "mistakes" in just to convince people that it's actually CG after all ;)

It *does* look a tad CG, maybe because of the lack of smudges (fingerprints, slights unevennesses in the shinyness) but then again Ive seen photos that could look CG because they are so clean. So it's perfect to me!

Wiro

facial
11-18-2002, 12:27 AM
Hey, blasphemy3_d. I love your work, It is the greatest one. I wanna see more your works. Keep post more. man.
:beer:

mgen
11-18-2002, 12:57 AM
whoa!! *nice* image.

it shows once again - the love to the detail makes it convincing!

how did you made the leaves on the street? -> wire please! :D

keep it up!

gmask
11-18-2002, 01:42 AM
Awesome job! I really appreciate that you recreated a vintage car. I think is too clean though and too glossy.

ToddD
11-18-2002, 02:57 AM
Simply..... Sweet!:thumbsup:

lildragon
11-18-2002, 04:13 AM
all minor gripes aside, I'm speechless

Well deserved plug

You have recieved the CGtalk choice award. Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Congrats again, extremely well done

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_2.jpg

P.S. if you need a different background, please send me a PM with the RGB values.

salud

ubetmax
11-18-2002, 04:37 AM
Damn cool work, love Beetles and think that your photo is great :)Just wish my work was as good.

dogdoy
11-18-2002, 07:20 AM
Your beetle is so real, also street, trees ..

oh.. how can u created that?
what is your software? and Renderer?

I have visited your HP, oh god.. incredible 3D works...

Really want to be like you. Master!

blasphemy3_d
11-18-2002, 07:59 AM
Bufff

thanks all for the comments!!!

When I saw the post this morning I couldn´t belive it.
the critiques are right. When I make a secene I try to put some imperfections to make the pic more real. Sometimes people find strange this "imperfections". It hink the bright on the top of the car is a good example. To me it looks like the camera wich take the photo gone "over lighted" by the excesive brightness. I like the effect, but some of you find strange in fact.

About the wire and other views request.... well, time render is excesive so I´ll put some flat renders early in the evening. Also will add a wire render.

Thanks again!!!!!

NeonGuy
11-18-2002, 08:44 AM
HAHAHAHHAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!

i can do this in one day, to get the similar result!!! :buttrock:

get a camera and make a photo, than put it here in the finished work gallery!!! :thumbsup:

okay, just joking, but this is so realistic!!!

fantastic!!! :applause:

tariel
11-18-2002, 10:05 AM
That's super !!!:buttrock:
Outstanding work!
Congratualtions!

danRod
11-18-2002, 10:06 AM
DUDE:surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised

uhhhhhh.......dude:surprised

Amazing render, the model is nice too, but that render and lights are freakn bad ang mang. WHAT APP, AND RENDER DID YOU USE??????????

:beer:

ThirdEye
11-18-2002, 10:07 AM
Tell us what renderer you used (Leika? Hasselblad?) :scream:

blasphemy3_d
11-18-2002, 10:19 AM
I use 3dsmax 4 and Brazil rs in a P4 1500/512Mb
It take me about 15 hours of rendering (1 frame XD)
I think that I used too many samples, maybe more than necesaries, but I wanted the scene to look pretty enought

I´ll upload wire and other stuff early in the evenin

Thanks again an some I forgot in my last post, thanks CGTALK people for the award. I really apreciate.:deal:

huh?
11-18-2002, 10:20 AM
ploink....
(sound of eye falling out)

ploink...

:applause:

Pete81
11-18-2002, 10:42 AM
Wow. Great job :eek: . Very realistic and much better than mine -> http://koti.mbnet.fi/ppentik/kupla_orange1.jpg

CarlosA
11-18-2002, 11:17 AM
two words man; Silky.. Smooth!!
thats the bomb dude!!

digitaldamage
11-18-2002, 12:15 PM
Amazing ! Really !
The time it took you to complete the scenery is equally impressive.

Ok, here comes the usual "but i can still see somehing!!" blubb ;) :
The reflection: I do not think it is too reflective, but maybe the reflection overall is a bit too sharp, too defined. I´ve never seen that before. (simple slight blurred refmap maybe?)

Can you tell me how you did made the fallen leaves? They seem to follow a structure. I mean, they do no intersect with the base, right? Instanced geometry for a particle system and collision detection? "Manually" corrected Scatter?

Five. Of course.

tog
11-18-2002, 12:19 PM
totally great.

pete, your's is excellent, too!

blasphemy3_d
11-18-2002, 12:39 PM
When I finished os texturing the floor y noticed ohw empty it was. I tought icluding some papers and trash but finally I decided include leaves form more beautifull scene.

I make 6 differents models of leaves and put on the floor taking care of each of them. When I got one group heterogeneous enought I Copied them and distribute over the floor manually.

Thanks for the comments.

dark_lotus
11-18-2002, 12:49 PM
Well theres my self esteem at 0, and falling.

That is so incredibly amazing, :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Emiliano
11-18-2002, 01:42 PM
This section is for 3D, not for digital pictures !!
I always said that I love grainy 35 mm, this digital picture is too perfect... (just kidding)

Fantástico hombre !!! impresionante !!!

I would pay to see that in motion trying to fool everybody`s eye... and then a wireframe.... hee hee

Excelente !! :applause:

coCoKNIght
11-18-2002, 03:05 PM
Wow, this is really good, I like it a lot! :thumbsup:

blasphemy3_d
11-18-2002, 05:06 PM
Hi again

here is some pics about the model

First the scene without tx

blasphemy3_d
11-18-2002, 05:08 PM
The wireframe of the model

blasphemy3_d
11-18-2002, 05:10 PM
Note that the images are low-quality.. I could dead if set the settings as the original render:rolleyes:

Exception
11-18-2002, 09:19 PM
Amazing, congrat on the award.

i11uzion
11-18-2002, 09:56 PM
First i would like to say how nice i think that setup and render looks, really well done !

Second, i checked out the other images on your website, and i think most of them has a 35mm "film-ish" quality to them. Hard to explain, but take for example this one : http://www.3dblasphemy.com/i262702002_HOUSE.jpg

Do you have some special technique for post processing your images in Photoshop, or is that straight out of Brazil ?`

Thanks in advance !

Skyraider3D
11-19-2002, 10:00 AM
Quality stuff! Keep it up! :thumbsup:

Cedaie
11-19-2002, 10:31 AM
ok wait...we're did you say the car was again, is it behind that real car, I can't see it ;)

good work m8

":(FIRST POST):" :D

sicean
11-19-2002, 01:12 PM
very nice. i like the details in the environment. i have a crit that has probably already been covered. im too lazy to look through all the posts. the car is perfect, too perfect, which is what gives it away for me. i think it needs a little dirt, rust and gunk. not too much, just enough to show that its condition has been affected by the environment. maybe a few leaves have collected in the nooks and crannies of the car.

CarlCampbell
11-19-2002, 04:13 PM
In reference to these last pics, this technique about showing a wireframing over the actual mesh too... how is it done exactly? I've found a way, but I'm not sure its the "correct" one. I simply dublicate every object and scale it a few units larger (VERY few) than the mesh, and assing a wireframe mat to it. Is this the right way?

Carl

blasphemy3_d
11-19-2002, 04:40 PM
Hi again

Well, first of all I want answer i11uzion who ask about some "tricks" or post-process to the pics.

There is no post process in the scenes of my web. I only make verifications to ensure I have taken care about colors, contrast and bright. Sometimes I increase the contrast or decrease saturations, for example, but nothing else.

You askes me about the house scene. This scene is rendered with Final Render.

The VW is rendered with Brazil RS.

About the wire scene... well I don´t know how is the best way of making some like this. I work with 3Ds MAX and what I did Was Clone the object and apply a mate shadow material.....

sigestions are wellcome!!!

Thanks for the comments!!!

i11uzion
11-19-2002, 06:09 PM
okay, thanks for answering... Just looks so cool, thought you had some fancy Photoshop trick, or magic, or something :P

$pecial K
11-19-2002, 07:45 PM
Nevermind the car, your street along is very nice, very detail.

robot9000
11-20-2002, 09:53 PM
Good Job! If anyone thinks this is not photorealistic...they need glasses! Keep it going.
Peace!
robot9000
:airguitar :airguitar :airguitar

nemesis
11-20-2002, 10:45 PM
Great environment, love that ground textures. Something no one said: the car is too shiny, a little bit of dirt would make more realistic :P

( ¿¿¿Has visto algun 600 tan limpio en España??? no lo creo... ;)
No haya otra acera igual en todo el mundo, ha sido como mirar por la ventana de casa...Has sabido crear ambientes geniales, igual de asombrosas todas las escenas de la web.

Great work.

cheny cg
11-20-2002, 11:21 PM
So beautiful!!!This is the best one I have ever seen.I like it .
And could you write a tuition?:bounce:

CarlCampbell
11-21-2002, 03:53 PM
Cheny CG: People don't usually make tutorials on a scene THIS extensive... And its tutorial, not tuition ;)

Carl :beer:

blasphemy3_d
11-22-2002, 02:55 PM
Only wanto tosay thanks all for the interest and comments that the Pic has generated.

About the tuto request, well, maybe, when I get my Web completlly functional I write a tut unless how to make a real looking street.

Thanks again

erikals
11-22-2002, 08:43 PM
I found a mistake, the headlight has a purple reflection. Not very likely. Muah-ha-ha.

Kidding,
Awesome work.
(Two of the guys over here didn't belive it was 3D...)

Erik

CarlCampbell
11-22-2002, 10:48 PM
Damn, erikals! I wish you hadn't said that! Now its really bugging me! :p
I see it though, Blasphemy 3D, how come that happened?

Carl :beer:

koinu
11-23-2002, 04:26 AM
Very nice work although again it looks as if you have washed out the roof. Although it took mer a sec to figure out if you had composited the bug on a real road. And man you work fast!!!!!

cowhen
11-23-2002, 08:59 AM
amazing!!!! and you have done all this in only a week!

u rock! :buttrock:

i love the scene and the reflections on the car. the shadow of the tree on the pavement ist great.

regards

cowhen

ps: sorry for my english

blasphemy3_d
11-26-2002, 06:48 AM
Well, thanks again for the comments

Maybe some day I will make some modifications to the render like color of the car, and some many of you have suggested, add some dirt to the car model.

Thanks all of you for your interest

spr0g
11-26-2002, 07:57 AM
:applause: :bounce: :thumbsup: :buttrock: :beer:

*jaw drops

I think it would loook cool if u made the car almost a completely old, rustcovered car (if ya get me) when u texture it next

aknopic
02-09-2003, 01:53 AM
:buttrock: As an individual new to the cg auto world... you have realy put a shot to my ego! Unbelievable! I suggest putting a dent/rust in it or something just to make it seem not so.....PERFECT!.... But, who am I? Just a thought to an otherwise great piece!

ThirdEye
02-09-2003, 01:57 AM
It's incredible to see only 4 stars on threads like this :rolleyes:

nose
02-09-2003, 02:00 AM
Just awesome! :thumbsup: :applause:

munkY
07-26-2003, 11:15 PM
outstanding :beer:

you dont have a wire of the street do you?

JustinAlvarez
02-22-2005, 08:26 AM
wow! that really is amazing! very realistic indeed!!!

lenin3d
02-26-2005, 11:54 PM
Hi, JJ I've got a magazine with that picture! it's great!... congrats

Norwegian
04-04-2005, 07:20 AM
...there is something wrong with the roof. If You check reference pictures of any Beetle of any year You will se that the roof is curved, not flat. With exeption of this minor detail, this is by far the best Beetle model I have seen.

Keep up the good work!
Tor Andersen
Owner of a `59 Bug

TETRAGRAMMATON
07-21-2005, 10:21 PM
I love Dylan Dog,i love Beetle but this is really a Photo!!!:eek::applause:

DiGiFran
08-01-2005, 07:17 PM
Muy bueno Juan José,, seguro que no es una foto?
Un abrazo paisano.

dahoo0810
09-22-2005, 01:58 PM
Awesome reflections and details. The leaves give a great added effect.

CGTalk Moderation
09-22-2005, 01:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.