PDA

View Full Version : play a movie clip inside a Maya Animation? how?

xmidnight8x
11-04-2005, 02:39 AM
(have just started using Maya 7.0 haven't used this since 3.0)

I need help, my question is this...

~ I'm modeling a tradeshow-type exhibit that has Plasma TVs in it. I want to play quicktime movies on the plasmas as I animate the scene. Is there a way to do this? I forgot =D

Raider007
11-07-2005, 12:59 AM
What i did was make images sequences out of the movie files and then just assign them to the surfaces i wanted it to show on...
not as a movie, but as a regular picture files with the image sequence box checked...

steveblake
11-10-2005, 01:18 PM
or try Jason Osipa's joMakerMover.mel (http://www.jasonosipa.com/Downloads/Mel/joMakeMovie.mel) -

"I made this because I got sick and tired of the fact you can't load movies into maya as reference footage. Simply export a movie to an image sequence of a valid maya image format (into a directory with NOTHING else in it, not even subdirectories), then in maya, run the script. You may or may not need to rename the files for it to work (There's a button for that). The safe bet is you'll have to. Happy reference-using!"

:)

CGTalk Moderation
11-10-2005, 01:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.