PDA

View Full Version : working with c3d mocap

leadnut
11-03-2005, 08:02 PM
Hey,ima newbie to MB...i was wondering how i can export a .c3d mocap file that ive opened ,so that it saves the animation. Whenevr i try as fbx or such theres no animation frames included, just the dummy postions of the sensors(iguess thats what they are).What am i missing...also a side note how come i cant select the default charcter that comes in with the app-its ghosted out-there also no load character in there either.

robotbob
11-05-2005, 08:47 AM
i am kind of new at this myself but untill someone else sets you straight what i believe you need to do is work with actors. you will need a .c3d tpose that you need to asign those markers to the parts of the actors body that they will drive - once you have done that the 'dummy positions of the sensors' will drive the actor and the actor drives your character. again please note i am not 100 % sure about this but check that part of the manual if no one else replys soon.

and let us know how you go

pete

onikaze
11-05-2005, 01:06 PM
robotbob is correct. c3d files contain optical data. To use this properly you need Motionbuilder Pro, which contains the 'actor' object and the tools to process optical data.
Previous to ver 6 MB standard was unable to even open a c3d file.

CGTalk Moderation
11-05-2005, 01:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.