PDA

View Full Version : 10s Acting Practice

Cycone
11-03-2005, 06:28 PM
Hi guys,

www.blisstic.com/playblastYougottagift1.avi
I did this acting practice a little while ago. I didnt finsished it yet, but now, when I preparing all my stuff for my demoreel, I would like to hear some comments of you to improve it.
Thanks,

Cheerio Koen

Cycone
11-05-2005, 12:50 PM
hmmm somebody?

Capel
11-06-2005, 12:06 AM
hmmmm.... well, i'd say that it's coming along.

there's too much swinging in his body. it's kind of taking over the animation.

there's no eyebrow movement. this is making him look dead.

no eye movement. eye darts are key in an acting piece. they help make the character look like they're thinking.

the bounce needs work. it's jerky and unnatural. also, it doesn't look like it happens for a reason. he's just jumping to jump. maybe put it in another place or just get rid of it.

your camera angle is really uninteresting. i'd try to frame it like you would if this were part of an actual movie.

your acting choices really aren't all that clear. your movement is working fine, but he doesn't seem to be hitting many clear, strong poses. really act it out in front of the mirror and nail down your poses before you even start. right now it's looking like you really didn't have anything in mind acting choice-wise when you started.

BUT, having said all that, you can tell that for the most part you know what you're doing. i think you just might need to put a little more planning into things before you start. hope that helped... keep it up!

Cycone
11-06-2005, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the great comments Chris.

This was the first time I was animating a character act and I found it pretty hard to find the right poses.
The brows and eyes are not moving yet because I saved that animation for the last, maybe that's just not a good way and I have to frame my camera at the right position before I start animating. I just started and all the animation was coming along the way. So next time Im going to think everything more trough before I start.

So thanks again I can really use those comments.

Koen

CGTalk Moderation
11-06-2005, 01:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.