PDA

View Full Version : C.O.F.F.E.E | Getting Play/Stop state of scene

tcastudios
11-03-2005, 05:10 PM
Hi.
Is there now a way to get the state of the scene if it is playing or is stopped?
I'd like to turn off some functions when the scene is stopped and turn them on again
as soon as it plays again.

Cheers
Lennart

Per-Anders
11-03-2005, 11:50 PM
hmm, well in C++ you can test this a number of ways, or make your own test by listening for messages. Perhaps in COFFEE you could do it via the document "GetTime" routine, comapre this to the last time stored in a variable, and if it's changed then you know the playhead is moving, if it's not changed, then you know the playhead isn't moving.

tcastudios
11-04-2005, 12:20 AM
Thanks. Yes I think the GetTime routine might be the only (coffee)way.
At Plugincafe I got the tip of "CheckIsRunning(LONG type) which has this type to check, CHECKISRUNNING_ANIMATIONRUNNING". It is from the C++ SDK thou so Ihaven't got COFFEE to "see" it yet.

The GetTime way might (pure speculation) lead to one frame slip.

What I have is a object position moved by (old+((new-old)*real)).
So when I stop the scene and do anything else(move a slider on another object etc), the object will continue moving to the
destination and thus "slip". For now it is solved by baking it but it would be nice to not have to bake it.

Cheers
Lennart

CGTalk Moderation
11-04-2005, 12:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.