PDA

View Full Version : Making a straight line follow a path?? anyone no how?

Tom_k88
11-03-2005, 05:48 PM
hi ppl,

I am stuck atm, I have made a string like material that is a thin line and now i would like to make it follow a certain path. for example if you got an image and using the marquee tool cut out a very thin rectangle, how can u make that thin rectangle follow a path? I have tried using shear but no luck. Surely there is a way to make thing follow a path i mean u can do it wil text y not with a picture or in my casea a line?

i will appreciate any help

thanx tom

tb582
11-03-2005, 07:30 PM
Can you clarify what your looking for? your trying to do this all in photoshop?

Tom_k88
11-03-2005, 09:15 PM
thanx for the reply

Yes i want to do all this in Photoshop. In photoshop you can make text wrap round a path correct? by making a path and then getting the text tool and hovering over the path.

Well instead of using text i would like to use an image (see attachment). So i want to warp the image that looks like string around the path that i have made.. I am sure Photoshop can do this however i am just unsure how to do it? Does anyone no how to do it?

thanx tom

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Tomk/Desktop/PATH%20PROB.jpg

mangolass
11-03-2005, 09:45 PM
If you have a 3D program it would be quick and easy to texture map the rectangular image onto a curved patch, and render that out.

LT

spmonahan
11-03-2005, 10:26 PM
You could try using one of the warp presets. It won't put the image on the path but it should bend it so that it looks like the path.

halo
11-04-2005, 12:24 AM
or try the warp distort in cs2

pixelchemist
11-04-2005, 02:37 AM
make the pattern into a brush and stroke a path with it...

http://www.nathanielcurrier.com/tmp_files/strokepath.jpg

tezi
11-13-2005, 06:34 AM
hey tom
pixel chemist is vry right u can convert ur pic into a brush n stroke it on a path.
in case u had trble in colors of pics etc. just increase the pic size(brush) and now duplicate the pics & align along the each brush stroke....enjoy

CGTalk Moderation
11-13-2005, 06:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.