PDA

View Full Version : C4d Render Problem: Please Help

raffi
11-03-2005, 11:17 AM
I am rendering my scene which has a few animated booles, but is not that heavy. When I try to render the 90 frame quicktime, the renderer gets stuck on frame 0, saying "Saving Frame" and wont move any further.

Any ideas?

dann_stubbs
11-03-2005, 11:25 AM
I am rendering my scene which has a few animated booles, but is not that heavy. When I try to render the 90 frame quicktime, the renderer gets stuck on frame 0, saying "Saving Frame" and wont move any further.

Any ideas?

no real idea here with that limited info given - but are you sure quicktime is installed on the computer? (is it pc or mac)

can you render a simple scene with say just a cube in it and set it to the same quicktime save settings and it works? (just to confirm there is nothing wrong with the OS type thing and then we can focus on your scene)

dann

raffi
11-03-2005, 11:37 AM
there is nothing wrong with my OS. I can render other scenes just fine. It also has nothing to do with Quicktime. I have the same trouble with the scene when trying to render a TIFF seq.

dann_stubbs
11-03-2005, 11:47 AM
there is nothing wrong with my OS. I can render other scenes just fine. It also has nothing to do with Quicktime. I have the same trouble with the scene when trying to render a TIFF seq.

ok, good to know and get that info out since you did not specify in the first post.

are you working on a mac or pc? could it just be a memory issue? PC has 1.7GB thread limit and multiple booles may be eating it up. mac has higher memory threshold that might not see this issue.

can you try to delete a few of the animated booles and see if it does render. maybe try deleting half - then if works go up, if not go down more until it does. if it ends up being a memory issue then it will be no choice but to try to simplify the scene, maybe render in layers etc... hard to tell with so sparse info and such a broad potential issue to solve.

dann

LucentDreams
11-03-2005, 11:31 PM
could it be a permissions thing where you dont' have permission to that folder. shoudn't be seeing as how cinema makes the folder but can't think of any other possiblilities.

Primitiv
11-04-2005, 12:38 AM
Have you tried to transformed the booleans into editables?

CGTalk Moderation
11-04-2005, 12:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.