PDA

View Full Version : Lemon Lambo

SHEPEIRO
11-03-2005, 08:54 AM
well i got annoyed with my GT40 so i banged out this quick Lamborghini Murcielago its currently 2883 tris, which is pretty low, but i needed some more refs to get alot of the details right, with interoir, i reakon itll come out as a 4000 tri model.

C&C please

hanzo
11-03-2005, 09:40 AM
nice :thumbsup:

keep it going man, i like the yellow green...

SHEPEIRO
11-03-2005, 11:02 AM
right ive got me self some decent refs now and ive interperated the blueprints pretty wrong in places, whoops:D . well ill fix this tonight. trouble is though, i think mines more interesting than the original, but as im going for realism i wont be able to get away with it,:sad:

SHEPEIRO
11-04-2005, 09:24 AM
hey there new update, went over board with the detail last night and decided to model the sections, so its gone up to 6000 tris, got most of it correct now, any petrol heads could tell me if aything is out, would be cool.

EDIT- Beauty shot added -EDIT

SHEPEIRO
11-04-2005, 12:38 PM
i have a question that hopefully someone could answer.

a next gen car like PGR3s use normal maps, but do they normal map the whole thing or just the parts that need it for details like embosed writing?

its just im thinking of using this, but if i do the whole thing then the map will have to be huge. but i was thinking that i would only map the meshes in the intakes, the badges, and the lights, the wheels and possibly the interoir.

Can any one help me, is this the right way to go about it, its alot of work to get wrong!

paul-banister
11-04-2005, 02:18 PM
this has come out really good,looks like you put those extra polys to good use.ive hadly even touched bump maps let alone 'normal maps' so cant help you with that.

Prs-Phil
11-04-2005, 02:24 PM
woha, looking good there. Clean modeling

Check out Ati's Normalmapper, they have a small demo with a car included so you can check out what you can do with the normalmap.
It should look good, esspecially on not so hard but still hard (sounds stupid :D) edges.

Keep up the good work man, you keep making me change how I judge your work :)

hanzo
11-04-2005, 02:38 PM
came out excellent! I like the profile alot. Me not thinks this car needs normal maps, if you need more detail just throw in more polies it's for next gen right? I really don't think normal or bump maps can do much here...

then again, could be wrong I'll be here to comment either way ;)

-hanzo

SHEPEIRO
11-04-2005, 03:05 PM
cheers for comments guys,:bounce:

Prs Phil atis mapper is pooh, maxes own mapping is much much better, i know the car you mean, ive played around with it, and it looks good from distance but if you look at it close it looks pooh and uses large texture space, im reakoning that i will get much better results with a few more polys and only mapping the details like i said befor.

yeah Hanzo think your right almost, like i said will use for details like meshes lights wheels, but not for main body.

cheers :D

EDIT- i was thinking of making it next gen, but not next gen racing, say next gen car in first person shooter or adventure game, i just dont think i have enough references to be able to model everything in side as well as out like PGR3. so ive decide to go for around 15k tris for the entire thing, i think that should be fine. 10k for outside and 5k for inside.

Teranite
11-04-2005, 09:57 PM
This might be interesting for you:
http://www.bizarreonline.net/index.php?action=fullnews&id=61

I also agree with Hanzo, a normal map won't help you on a shiny, polished car. You could try to normal map things like embossed writing, but you would probably need to allocate a huge chunk of the texture map for them - otherwise they might not turn out exact and sharp enough.

If you want to add a damage model however, well that would be a whole different story. ;)

itsallgoode9
11-04-2005, 10:21 PM
yeah, nice work, but probally don't need a normal map. And yeah, as said before, Max's is the easiest one to use. here's the best normal mapping tutorial i've come across (and it's actually pretty up to date! )
http://www.poopinmymouth.com/tutorial/normal_workflow.htm

so check that out and do some tests if ya want :)

SHEPEIRO
11-08-2005, 09:06 AM
hey thanks for comments guys, by now im pretty sorted with my normal map work flow, but any one readinfg this whos not poops tutorial is one of the best;) .

and heres an update, pilled on a whole load of polys, it now reigns in at 12,000 (ignore image n0 as its wrong cos ive added no plates and stuff, whoops no plates arnt in pics) pretty much done the the modelling, although ive just realised still got fuel cap to do.

any way on to the mapping, im gonna use one map for all the diffuse, non reflective stuff, like tyres, wipers, grils etc( probably a 512x512, diffuse, normal and spec).

then a 1024x512 for everything shiney, like the badges, the wheels, the brakes discs, no plates etc (normal and diffuse)

then a 512x256 colour map for the lights. (done on sep3erate so that they can illuminate)

c&C on modelling and stated map use please

SHEPEIRO
11-08-2005, 09:52 AM
thats an interesting link teranite,

i know im not using enought polys for next gen racer as i said im going for 3d person adventure game vehicle, i dont want to spend a whole load of time on this model i would need to add about ten times the detail...

any way looking at their(bizzares) models in game and in app, im sure they are not using their poly count that wisely, or they have upped their use half way through production, just look at that pointy light next to the barreir on this TVR the model here and the unoptimised use on th mclaren dont seem to quite add up in my book.

srry had too get rid of pics use links on teranites post. srry

was havning probes loading up my pics.

SHEPEIRO
11-08-2005, 02:14 PM
no comment?:sad:

oh Question, does any one know where i can find out what the under side of this car looks like, i can find no refs on internet what so ever.:sad: also i need more refs of the interoir, and the spoilers.

Prs-Phil
11-08-2005, 03:20 PM
no images m8

SHEPEIRO
11-09-2005, 11:13 AM
still no replys:surprised can any one see the pics.:curious:

Augh
11-09-2005, 11:37 AM
Not since the tangerine lambo/not for your last 3 posts. What I see so far is looking hella sexy though man, and I really try not to admire the italian supercar types, so impressed cynic = double awesome, right? Right :wise: Heh kinda reassuring to see that the polycount jumps up like that for everyone else too, that happens to all my cars to date. What you said about grilles, badges and small fittings (doorhandles?) re; normals maps made sense to me, I'd give it a go and see how it works out, can't hurt too much, and those sorta fittings can look very nice and convincing with a little normals lovin.

Like I said I don't really do the supercar thing, so I got not much to go on for crits >_< so I'll slyly escape without suggesting much, heh heh heh, I'm so slick.

Really looking good from here, nice stuff! :thumbsup:

SHEPEIRO
11-10-2005, 09:45 AM
yeah i dont really do the super car ting either, was wanting to try out the shiney, not much texturing look that they afford though, and this car was the only decent blueprint i could find.

so any one that knows this stuff c$C please.

what with playing gta and sleeping alot over the last two nights i havnt pulled much off yet in the texturing, heres a little update, done alot of the badges and blocked out colours plus used some refs for underlying images, espesailly the lights, but these aare temp so far just using as base need alot of fixing.

so far for exterior i am using a 512x256 for the lights, and a 1024x1024 for everything else, this includes entire wheel. does anyone know whether these are ok sizes for next gen, FPS vehicle?

C&C PLEASE

dbates
11-10-2005, 03:29 PM
This page has a couple pics of the interior. . .
http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-Lamborghini-Murcielago.htm

SHEPEIRO
11-16-2005, 02:24 PM
ok im done,
its got a "dark" and weighs in at 13,000 tris with three 1024* maps (diffuse spec and normal) as well as a 256x512 for the lights.http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c346/Shepeiro/finishedlambotop.jpg

SHEPEIRO
11-16-2005, 02:26 PM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c346/Shepeiro/finishedlamboside.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c346/Shepeiro/finishedlamboperp.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c346/Shepeiro/finishedlamboback.jpg
Heres the rest

Stefander
11-16-2005, 04:21 PM
Loving that second pic on the last post, good job =)

Can we see some interior shots as well?

SHEPEIRO
11-17-2005, 01:13 PM
i could dio some interoir shots but they would be distinctly boreing as they are grey low poly, no texture, dark, faked interoir.

maybe one day i will get round to doing a propper interoir, but today is not that day

SHEPEIRO
11-17-2005, 04:50 PM
Oh yeah its in the finished 3d gallery aswell

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=294540

CGTalk Moderation
11-17-2005, 04:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.