11-17-2002, 11:27 AM
hello
i wanted to make a short movie with him .. but not finaly
but what do you think of him?

http://membres.lycos.fr/fredal3d/gr.jpg

fredo

Dr BeN
11-17-2002, 12:07 PM
i really like the face thats perfect disney stile !

but now for my suggestions:

1. the ears are a littel to low res .... make those hard edges softer

2. same goes for the mouth area (i think, hard to see with this lightning situation)

3. those hairs are aaaawful ! let me guess planes with textures ?
look at the transition from head to hair u could count the pixels thats way too rough.

But i see ur problem i think, because if u want to keep up the disney stile u will get problems with todays hair resolutions i think they all go for realism
my suggestion is model it too

as for animation: almost all disney charackters scream to be animated ..... with those face u can express great emotion.
I say give it a try !

overall :applause: if u doo something about the hair :surprised

dark_lotus
11-17-2002, 12:13 PM
Its coming along great, however i think its still a little sharp and jaggerd. It probably more to do with the low resolution of the model.

ACFred
11-17-2002, 12:27 PM
No, don't change the hair! It has a great, children's book feel to it. I want to reach out and touch it. The whole model has that children's book feel to it. I think the resolution of the character is just fine. You might want to add a touch more detail to round out the ears, but not too much. The simplicity of the model is what sells it.
It almost looks like a collage. Well done!

I'd love to see this guy animated. Don't give up on him!

Alec

Fredo_le_bref
11-17-2002, 12:38 PM
yep.thanks :)
i didn't make hair with shag hair , because it's too long for rendering.
i agree to model hair, i'll will model them on the next animal ( i'm making a wolf actually).
it's because i've always worked on real time games so i'm not very good on high poly rendering. But i'm working in this way.
and i'm trying to stay in a nice render time.
also the body of the lion is made .
http://membres.lycos.fr/fredal3d/render_wire.jpg
i think the wolf will be nicer than the lion if i do as you say.
but i'll not forget this lion, i'll animate him later.
fredo

srich23
11-17-2002, 02:49 PM
the model is good, the hair texture is too relalistic for the rest of the model, maybe go with a more toon shaded hair style. =

wedge
11-17-2002, 04:38 PM
looks like you're having poly-clipping issues. you should work with those so the hair and head look more like they belong together.

Fredo_le_bref
11-18-2002, 08:03 AM
wgeddes : damn my english is too bad i don't understand what means poly-clipping issues??? is it multi-res choice (iterations?) ?
(i'm french.)
the choice of the hair is very difficult :-(
this week i'll post a wolf made like the lion with the ideas you suggest to me.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.