PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Crash, Please help!

Aleoxide
11-03-2005, 02:11 AM
Hey, I've been working on this Xbox 360 and it crashes everytime I render it. I have enought ram, A gig of OCZ Plat running at 2-2-2-5. Even if I render the top it crashes. Here is a picture of half of the model, a picture of it crashing at render, and the error that comes up. I have to make a portfolio for the Art Institute and I really really need help thanks alot.

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/9235/crash7eq.jpg
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/7430/crash28km.jpg
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/9713/crash32uk.jpg

SammyB
11-03-2005, 06:19 AM
Firstly, is the computer overclocked at all? If so, scale it back and see if it makes any difference. Try lowering the timings on the RAM, unless you are sure that it can handle those agressive settings. Then again, you say its 3ds max crashing, not the actual computer itself so it indicates a software/driver issue. I don't really know much about 3ds Max crashes, but there are a few things that i'm sure you could try.

1. Download latest drivers for video card.

2. Try rendering othere scenes, or at different sizes? Do they work, or do they all crash?

3. Re-install Max... always a good thing.

Might not make any difference, but worth a try.

pimeto
11-03-2005, 11:21 AM
3DsMax- theare is nothing more to say!

EliAbramovitch
11-03-2005, 12:03 PM
i don't know how far you've gotten but here's a few trick that may solve it:
1.reset all the textures in the material editor.
2. Collapse the model.
3.before collapsing (if u have) remove the UVmap or Unwrap..

Good luck.
tell me if anything worked.

SHEPEIRO
11-03-2005, 12:06 PM
this doesnt sound like a "normal" 3dsmax crash (normal being trying to do more than one heavy calc at once and frying its tiny little brain)

has it always happened or is it a new occurrence? if its new reinstall max and drivers again.

and does it work with other scenes? cos if it does it may be you have some corrupt geometry.

Dagibit
11-03-2005, 12:21 PM
I've encountered this problem plenty of times on 3ds 5 (never upgraded :P). the messages that showed up were identical to yours. They ended up happening so frequently that i was forced to reinstall. Afterwards everything worked out fine (for a period of about 9 months until the whole thing happened again).

Aleoxide
11-04-2005, 02:54 AM
Hey thanks for all the responses. I found out that if I lower the rendering illiterations to 1 with no smoothing it works. I find it weird. I guess it could be my ram, but doesnt not enought ram when it crashes if its the ram. I'm going to try some of the things that you guys have said. Thanks alot for all your posts. Sorry it took so long I have been busy with school. THanks

Aleoxide
11-04-2005, 02:56 AM
MY GOD I LOVE YOU. Hey guys thanks alot for your advice, I colapsed it all down to editable poly and she works with a charm. Thanks soo much. I dont really get why i have to do that but i guess if it works i will do it. I will show you some pics of my work. keep in minde i have never taken any classes and I am completely self taught, no dvds or anything. Thanks for your time and your much needed help

CGTalk Moderation
11-04-2005, 02:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.