PDA

View Full Version : photoshop license question

trilaine
11-02-2005, 02:15 PM
Sorry to ask such a silly question, but I figure someone might be able to answer me here.

Years ago I purchased a educational version of photoshop 5.0, and then a couple of years after I purchased a regular 'upgrade' to 7.0. That still makes my version of photoshop an 'educational' version, right? So I'd still need to purchase a full version of photoshop to be considered fully licensed for profit? (not that I have or do anything for money, it's just on my wishlist to get my own full version of photoshop one of these days and I just wanted to make sure I wont waste a couple hundred dollars on an unnecessary full version)

jbw
11-02-2005, 03:25 PM
Don't quote me on this but I believe you can buy an upgrade from an educational license to commercial license at a discount (considering you have already shelled out for the educational version they should offer you a discount for the commercial license).
I'm suprised you have to buy standard upgrades to upgrade a student licence, aren't these more expensive?
Your best bet is to speak to adobe, no end user agreement I've ever read has made sense fully. ;)

ta,
jbw

trilaine
11-02-2005, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the reply =)

I wasnt a student at the time of the 7.0 upgrade so I bought it sorta on a whim at Office Depot for around $130-150 cant remember.

I'll definatly try contacting Adobe. Thanks again for the help =)

MrPromee
11-03-2005, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the reply =)

I wasnt a student at the time of the 7.0 upgrade so I bought it sorta on a whim at Office Depot for around $130-150 cant remember.

I'll definatly try contacting Adobe. Thanks again for the help =)

This is something that has come up on the forums over at Adobe many times and the final answer always ends up being that the limits on the educational version are with who can buy it and that if you upgrade to a full version the next time around, you are good to go.

trilaine
11-04-2005, 07:21 PM
Now that is very good news! :D Thanks :)

CGTalk Moderation
11-04-2005, 07:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.