PDA

View Full Version : lighting a room

Transform Gizmo
11-17-2002, 07:38 AM
I do not do much lighting, so when i had to start doing some lighting for a project i am working on, where i have to do some quality lighting work, i ran into some problems. Im using max 5, and basically i found that radiosity isnt going to work for me, the time it would take just to calculate the solution alone is to much, let alone the rendering times. So i started searching the internet for some articles on traditional lighting. Unfortunately, all i have found so far is some tutorials for 3 point lighting setups, for illuminating single objects. Well for this project i have to light an entire room. with furniture and characters and such. So i was wondering if perhaps someone would have some links, or tips for setting up good, natural lighting for a room.

ilasolomon
11-17-2002, 11:44 PM
hmmm, ok, did you take a look @ this thread (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24821)? maybe it help you.

Transform Gizmo
11-18-2002, 01:18 AM
yeah i just stumbled =upon that thread. thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.