PDA

View Full Version : SSS fast skin and multiple textures

VanDerGoes
11-02-2005, 10:31 AM
Hi everyone.
I'm a begginer of the MR renderer. I have a problem with MR fast skin shader and multiple textures. I tried to assign two textures to my character, one for the body and one for the head, but I couldn't find a way to make it work. I have one UV set for each texture. I tried to assign two different SSS materials to different faces of my model but it renders black. I tried then to use one single material and layer my textures with the layered texture maya node but they lose colors and details or they don't appear (i tried different blend modes but none of them works fine). My last chance would be to use only one texture with one UV set, but I will lose a lot of detail.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks
Paolo

mikkermik
11-03-2005, 11:10 PM
It's fine if you assign different misss shaders to different faces on the same mesh. Just be sure to set your Light Linking Mode to 2 instead of the default 0.
You must set this in the misss shader (under the Lights sub-menu) and in the lightmap.
Check this huge thread for more info:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=163360&page=1&pp=15&highlight=MISSS
Good luck!

VanDerGoes
11-05-2005, 07:50 PM
Great! It works!
Thank you very much.

CGTalk Moderation
11-05-2005, 07:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.