PDA

View Full Version : noise animation problems

marianofinal
11-01-2005, 01:27 PM
Hi, I have an animation with an object textured with bump noise, when rendering a scene with camera movement I get that noise moving fast all around.

I would really apreciate any help to solve this problem or to turn if down.

Thanks

Mariano

elmarko
11-12-2005, 11:36 AM
I had this problem once in the past, the only way i could solve it was to turn the bump mapping rite down. Mine was with a wood texture,which had light flooding very brightly onto certain parts of it, perhaps try altering the map a little.

AtomicBigWheel
11-14-2005, 04:22 PM
elmarko,

I'm not sure what "moving fast all around" means, but here are two issues I've faced when using procedural maps in my materials.

One:
This pertains to any material really, Make sure to use "Super-Sampling" when you animate. It will add an additional treatment to the material specified and fix dancing materials from frame to frame in your animations.

Two:
This pertains directly to procedurals, in you noise map set your SOURCE COORDINATES to use a EXPLICIT MAP CHANNEL [UVW map] instead of the default Object XYZ. this will map you noise map like a bitmap. You may need to decrease the map size to 0.01 to resize it.
This fixes using procedural maps on animated character or animated objects.

ATW

CGTalk Moderation
11-14-2005, 04:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.