PDA

View Full Version : Overcaster and Sliders

iatepaste
11-17-2002, 12:31 AM
I finally decided to give the much lauded (and for good reason) overcaster a try since the new release. Obviously the results are fantastic but I'd like to play and tweak a bit. Unfortunately I can't seem to move, select, etc. the sliders to save my life. I only have problems with the Overcaster scenes. In other scenes with sliders I have no problem. Anyone encountered this?

Other than this, the plugpak seems awesome. I think Eki will be seeing support from my way very soon.

/devin

wgreenlee1
11-17-2002, 01:15 AM
There' is' a trick to sliders.
I cant remember what it was but I will get back to you if no one else does.

Edit:You have to hit the Sliders button on the interface and I guess the easy way is to hot-key it.
Hope this helps!

wgreenlee1
11-17-2002, 01:44 AM
Screenshot!

iatepaste
11-17-2002, 02:51 AM
Thx. Using the button on the Items Tab indeed works but I don't understand why you can't pick it within the window like normal. At least I can move forward with things now.

Thanks!

/devin

MK2
11-17-2002, 03:22 AM
I asked the same question... why cant i just click on the slider?
Well... who knows... :)

twidup
11-17-2002, 03:24 AM
you can, if you use the middle mouse select feature to drag a box around the slider you want.

it works, most of the time.

-Todd

Halsu
11-17-2002, 04:02 PM
The LW sliders are a little funky ;-)

Changing the selected object doesn't change the active slider bank: One has to first select some other tool, select the sliders object, and finally select slider tool for it to work.

It's a little awkward.

That's why i wrote a small script that does the above routine: Next PP controller.

It's included in PlugPak 2.0.

Pressing the Next PP controller button will attempt to identify the next PlugPak mixer or reference object, and activate the sliders.

It also makes working with the PlugPak mixers a lot faster/easier in big scenes: You don't have to locate the mixer objects from a huge list.

HTH, CU

wgreenlee1
11-17-2002, 08:51 PM
Thats cool Eki,thanks for ther info.

Brett H.
11-17-2002, 09:16 PM
Take a look at this:
http://www.3dluvr.com/blackbourn/web/tuts/stut/stut.html
Good slider tutorial.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.