PDA

View Full Version : Christopher Velasco's Demo Reel

czeroone
10-31-2005, 12:08 AM
Hello everyone.

My name is Chris Velasco and this is some animation that I created. Feedbacks are welcomed. I'm new to animation (just started 3 months ago) and would like to gain more work experience and a positive reputation as an animator. So I am gladly volunteering my help to anyone who needs a character animated. E-mail me at chrisvelasco@excite.com

The program that I use to animate is Maya. I have recently started rigging and skinning, so I still need more training. If anyone wants me to animate a character, the character must already be rigged.

Thank you for viewing the work and reading my post.

Animation (Formerly known as Demo Reel):
http://www.savefile.com/files/4337648 (http://savefile.com/files/4337648)

markovicd
10-31-2005, 12:06 PM
i really enjoyed reel... especially ninja stuff! :)

czeroone
11-01-2005, 04:23 AM
Thank you very much. I really appreciate your comment. I know I'm still a long way from working as a professional artist, but I'll work harder to create more realistic animation. I'm currently creating an original short story (with my own models this time). I hope to be able to post it by the end of this month.

markovicd
11-01-2005, 11:46 AM
just keep on posting :) ... don`t let this discourage you because nobody posted... here it is like that ... 80% posts are made by friends / cgfriends ... u know what i mean ... so don`t let it take you down ... i am new in animation too ... i switched 3 months ago ...

so good luck :)

XxJR89xX
11-01-2005, 01:28 PM
good reeproduction of equilibrium (ya, i noticed :D), the dance guy seems a bit too snappy on some of his moves. Loved the walk sequence though :applause:

czeroone
11-01-2005, 07:21 PM
Thank you again for the comments. I appreciate the support. I've decided to change my demo reel and create something entirely original. The ninja shots were just a reproduction of the original gun sequence from Equilibrium. That was just a test for me to see if I can recreate the scene by pausing the video and then transfering the pose to the models. That shouldn't really be on a demo reel, since it isn't my creation. Not only that, I don't have anything that shows weight transference, and the capoiera sequence was just too long and repetative. By the end of this month, I'll show you something better.

ivanisavich
11-01-2005, 08:50 PM
Hi czeroone,

I watched your reel and had one major feeling overall....you're going for "epic" without concentrating on the basics.

I would suggest creating a group of much simpler animations, that demonstrate that you know the fundamentals of animation like anticipation, weight, timing, strong poses etc etc before getting into the more complicated stuff. Right now your reel features very complex scenarios, but doesn't feature a lot of well polished animation,

I don't want to discourage you though...keep practicing and soon you'll have some stuff that looks great and excels in both production value, and animation. :)

ivanisavich
11-01-2005, 08:51 PM
Woops....I posted without seeing your last reply...good to know you're going to start fresh and work on the basics! :D

czeroone
11-01-2005, 09:39 PM
You're absolutely right, I need to show the basics. After watching other demo reels and reading the advice of established artists, I knew I lacked what needs to be shown.

CGTalk Moderation
11-01-2005, 09:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.