PDA

View Full Version : WIP Assault Trooper

diffa
10-30-2005, 03:49 PM
Hi! Here's my newest model a assault trooper. I've been modelling this soldier for a couple of days and I really need some critics and comments.The texture isn't ready yet, but I'm working on it. All the pockets, helmet and the gloves are missing textures. Poly count is 2740tris. C&C plzzzz!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/diffart/future%20lost/future_lost_wip_28.jpg

Augh
10-30-2005, 04:15 PM
Hey dude. I have the same crit for you as I seem to have for absolutely everyone these days, so it might just be my problem rather than the model's, but he needs more ass! Yes, junk is required in this trunk. I think you got a really good shape for the polys so far, but a wire would help ;) My major concern with him right now would be this; imo you just can't mirror camo, at all. It looks really wierd and well, not camo-like, frankly. I dunno if this can be realistically worked around or not though, dayamn :/

Asides from that goin good man, keep it up ;)

diffa
10-30-2005, 04:19 PM
Thanx Augh for the comment. Yeah the ass is a bit small :D And I was thinking that I'm going to change camo or do something with it. Because like you said it looks a bit ugly.

Psyk0
10-30-2005, 04:22 PM
Looks like a good start, i'd tweak the bottom of the pants...they look kind of boxy. Pants should form creases where they meet the boot.

Watch out for texture stretching on lower leg. The straps holding the kneepad should rotate and follow the orientation of the knee (give it some slight angle like you did with the elbow pads).

You can feel the UV's have been mirrored all over...you should consider mapping the "full" torso and hips area. You can also break the uv's of the lower leg (knee to ankle) and move them around on the uv sheet, since you have a kneepad to hide the seam that should help you fit everything while maintaining a decent space/size ratio.

P.S.: Post wires too

later!

diffa
10-30-2005, 04:31 PM
Thanx for the comments. Here are the wires...

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/diffart/future%20lost/future_lost_wip_29.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
10-30-2005, 04:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.