PDA

View Full Version : loading Painter 4 brushes in to 9?

milowerx
10-29-2005, 09:44 PM
I noticed that some of the brushes are not apparently visible in the newer versions of Painter, specifically the Van Gogh brush and the wet brush. Maybe they're there but I could not find them. The wet brush is there but it behaves differently than I would like. the Van Gogh one seems to be missing and I really like dthe way it behaved. Does anyone know where I could get the version 4 brushes in Painter? I don't have that vserion anymore as it was from school that I used it and I am looooong gone from there. I imagine I could get them from the older program if I could find one but all I really want is those two brushes. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jinbrown
10-30-2005, 03:36 AM
Hi,

Only custom brushes and art materials can be shared with other Painter users. If you don't own Painter 4, you'll need to buy it (unlikely you could even find it) to use Painter 4 brushes because items installed with Painter 4 or on the Painter 4 disk(s) can't be shared due to the license agreement. That would apply as well to using brush variants from school.

Or, look on your Painter IX CD in the following location to find the Van Gogh variant:

CPainterIX > Extras > Brushes > Painter 5 Brushes > Artists

The default Painter 4 brush library was installed with Painter 7. I've looked through all of the brush categories and don't see any named "wet brush".

Though there are approximately 14 brush variants that include the word "wet" in their names on the Painter IX CD, I don't see a "wet brush" in the default Painter IX brush library or in any of the extra brush libraries on the Painter IX CD.

Can you tell me the exact brush variant name and in which brush category (exact name) it's found? I'd like to take a look at it to see if I can figure out why it doesn't work the same in Painter IX as it does in Painter 4.

CGTalk Moderation
10-30-2005, 03:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.