PDA

View Full Version : renders with misss shader have strange alpha

erpel
10-29-2005, 10:59 AM
Can anybody help me with this? I cannot figure it out. I have a character with misss fast simple maya and misss fast skin maya on different parts. I rendered him alone in a scene with a normal black background. then I took him into shake and I wanted to try putting him on a differently coloured background. But I put him on a colored plane with the node "over" and I know usually he should be perfectly solid and just sit above the background. But he doesnt. he is a bit transparent and takes on the color behind him. Also when I look at the render in fcheck, and I choose view alpha channel, its all black. NOw I suppose there is probably something in the shader or in the render globals that I have to activate for it to generate a proper alpha?
very gratefull for any help!:shrug:

erpel
10-29-2005, 01:46 PM
I found the answer in the misss tests thread! they said activate an option in the render globals, pass custom alpha channel. doing that gave me an alpha but only for one object witha misss material, not the others also with misss materials. so I tried the other option they mentioned, to assign a surface shader to the objects instead of the misss and then plug the misss into the out color of the surface shader. It gave me an alpha but the look of the materials changed completely, here are some attched thumbnails the fist one was with the misss materials. I have done the surface shader thing to the suit and the boat and the arms.

CGTalk Moderation
10-29-2005, 01:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.