PDA

View Full Version : another problem i'm getting in joe's rigging2

Layer01
10-29-2005, 10:02 AM
FIXED! :bounce::applause:

As a documentation of what the problem was and how i fixed it i will explain what i did.
The problem>
the names are taken from Joe's rigging 2 disk 1
When i set the IK/FK slider to FK and selected the bone "Nate_Forearm1R" and tried to rotate it on (P) it would not move.
The IK worked perfectly and the all the other FK joints worked fine too.
The solution>
I found that by bypassing the IK solver variable on Nate's arm i could get the bone in question working again. This led me to think that i had set up the IK wrong. after careful examination i found no errors, and then proceeded to work my way back though the variables, as i was inspecting the IK/FK fader variable i discovered that when i was redoing it i had somehow added the Bicep1R bone twice to the expresion and had left out the Forarm1R bone in the process. Smelling a rat i decided to investigate closer, indeed i had the same error in my original setup, fixing this solved the problem, i was not fading the IK of the forarm bone and so it was not responding to FK commands.

ok i'm setteing up the arms on Nate, and i finished the video with no obvious errors occuring, everything was working, except i then noticed that when the slider was set to FK the bone "Nate_Forearm1R' which is supposed to be the second FK controller in his arm wouldn't respont to pitch. it responds fine as soon as i bypass the "Nate_IKAlignHandR" Variable but the minute i turn it back on it stops working, the edit shpere spins but the bone doesnt move.
i've double checked and all my variables are in order, i'm also pretty sure that i set the bones up right in the first place, but i may be wrong and got the coordinate thing messed up again, though i dont think that i did....
what is likely to be causing this, are there any stats or images that i can post to help solve this problem? let me know and i'll post them :)

Layer01
10-29-2005, 03:12 PM
....move along folks

Layer01
10-30-2005, 01:15 AM
...nothing to see here

Layer01
10-30-2005, 05:32 AM
I am overjoyed to anounce that i have just managed to debug my first problem!
this case is now solved, i sat down went through my actions again, located the source of the problem, identified the cause and successfully treated it!
i'm very happy about this for two reasons, one i got my scene working, two i think its a good sign i'm starting to understand messiah :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
10-30-2005, 05:32 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.