PDA

View Full Version : Low poly tribe girly

Augh
10-29-2005, 02:24 AM
Yeah. Another attempt at low poly person. Some kind of skimpy as hell tribal/primitive era girly, can't manage to get any kinda face going this time, mreh. Suck. Otherwise seem to be doing ok apart from the feet, I hate feet, they never go right despite mass tweakage. Oh yeah and I stacked loads of polys into her boobs just cus I can. I know.

http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/5826/junglebitch192ep.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/7638/junglebitchwire29mt.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Girl is 3534 triangles, spear is 151 triangles. Um yeah that's about it. I tried to keep it simple just to concentrate on the basic form and stuff. Want to do like tribal paint and handprints and stuff but I dunno if I'll actually get far, I'm not so hot on painting skin and she has a lot of it. The top is just coloured polys mostly, didn't decide exact how I'll paint the top edge/where whatever etc.

Stupid low poly faces :/

Cheers.

SammyB
10-29-2005, 02:50 AM
Hey looking good so far, the arms look too skinny to me in the profile view. Some close ups of hands/feet and face might help with more crits. Anyway good work, keep us updated.

Kickflipkid687
10-29-2005, 10:58 PM
hey,

that looks really good so far! I think the model looks very smooth for how low the poly count is. She is also very hot looking :). The feet look odd since there is no actual 3d toes, but if u textured them right, it wouldnt matter. Or you could add some mokasins instead.

Kickflipkid687
10-30-2005, 01:37 AM
hey,

I just was thinking, are u planning to rig her? Because the knees are not modeled for rigging right now. They need to have like 2 or 3 more cuts to get decent deformations, and so does the elbow I think. But its a great model so far, probably better than i could do.

Augh
10-30-2005, 03:53 PM
Hey, thanks for your comments guys.

Lemme see. Check, I made the arms a little thicker, not much though. I actually kinda preferred for this one to be a little gangly, though she might be a bit svelte/curvy for gangly to be the right word hehe. But yeah, most of my girls are a bit more buff, she can be a crackhead amazon or something. Thanks.

Hrm joints, noone ever seems able to agree on this one :/ Basically I went with this formula just cus it uses a lower number of loops, I've seen a fair few using this way (especially for the knees, that's a Squaresoft thing) and always figured it wouldn't deform worth shit, but it seemed to work for them, frankly I always figured it needed another loop in the stretching rather than compressing area, but yeah as I said I figured just based on theory, I don't animate so I have no idea. 3 extra loops does seem really really overkill to me, but they could probably use another hehe. Cheers for teh hotness :D

What I never got was why loops... I dunno, it just seemed like the number needed by the stretching and compressing area would be pretty disparate. I've seen ideas around also from this school of thought. Mreh cue openended musing here. That's why I try not to think about it in general haha.

Let's see, since that pic she got slightly more defined eyes but still just a suggestion of face rather than geometric features really, probably stay like that. I redid some proportions cus she was too leggy for the look I wanted, uh some other stuff, and mostly uv'd. Now I dunno what to do with her :/

Anyways, cheers guys, til next time :thumbsup:

SammyB
10-30-2005, 07:54 PM
Now I dunno what to do with her :/
Texture!

(10 char)

Augh
10-30-2005, 08:36 PM
Hahahaha... ok ok, I think it's fairly unavoidable. b1ll appears to be browsing and his textures own really hard, so I think I'm run into a corner, I'll have to :D

Man this is going to be embarassing hehehehe.
Thanks for the kick in the ass :thumbsup:

Schoende
11-18-2005, 05:23 AM
Use the tris you put into the face more usefull :D You have so many tris in there, but you don't seem to do anything with them :D

For the feet, I think they are ok (if you want to make boots or something of them or some kinda shoes).

The hands look like a mix between 4 and 5 fingered hands :S was that intentially done like this???

Maybe you should change the edges on the shoulders if you want to animate this char...

the rest looks fine to me :D. YPU SHOULD FINISH THIS :D

BananaSalat
11-18-2005, 01:38 PM
Yeha looks pretty good, *waits for texture*

Arkadius
11-18-2005, 02:50 PM
hej, looks good so far.
But ;) You loose many tris to construct the face, and now it looks for much less poly than it is... Realy, with so many polys you culd construct lips, eyes atc.
Meybe you did, but the problem is that you smooth them with smoothings gorups? You should try difining a difireren groups for the polys.

other crit -> too big/masive ass and legs, legs are too long also.

keep it up.

Augh
11-20-2005, 11:34 AM
I made her into a triad hooker (yes, really), then I got bored.

Bai!

CGTalk Moderation
11-20-2005, 11:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.