PDA

View Full Version : Net Render Texture Error - fresnel

decibel
10-28-2005, 08:22 PM
I'm trying to net render a scene that's getting a texture error. All imported texture files have been copied to the client directories, but the net render is looking for a file simply named "fresnel", which does not exist anywhere on our drives. The scene renders fine on the host computer. It seems like the fresnel file is built into C4D. Any ideas how to fix this?
thanks in advance,
doug

dann_stubbs
10-28-2005, 10:17 PM
I'm trying to net render a scene that's getting a texture error. All imported texture files have been copied to the client directories, but the net render is looking for a file simply named "fresnel", which does not exist anywhere on our drives. The scene renders fine on the host computer. It seems like the fresnel file is built into C4D. Any ideas how to fix this?
thanks in advance,
doug

is your NET install an exact copy of the one generating the scene file? (it is easy to just copy over your existing install plugins and all and just leave the NET client in it for a very easy way to make sure the NET clients are exactly same as your workstation)

you could try this on just one render cpu to see if it clears up the issue.

dann

nigellim
10-29-2005, 12:24 AM
thanks in advance,
doug

Hi decibel,

i have experienced this before. First, make sure you have submitted any texture jpg/tiff files that used by your texture 'Fresnel' throught the webbased Netrender interface when setting up your job - Netserver will complain texture error. Second, make sure that there are no textures that are of the same name 'Fresnel' (and yet completely diffferent from your current Fresnel file) in the various Net clients - your frames will render ut at different frames, you video will change texture as you scroll thru your frames (video).

make sure those two rules are observed.

you can resolve this above by copying the file Fresnel to all your net Clients /tex folder.
the same applies to Fonts file used. i rendered a video of a text nurb extrusion and the text keep changing from frame to frame, due to the face the the font used on my workstation is not present in all my net clients. :(

For me what i faced is that:
i was using Hair department (HD) plugin on my workstation and when i want to net render, C4D complains that my clients do not have the plugin. all Net clients needs HD plugin before it can start render my scene.

hope it helps.

decibel
10-29-2005, 01:12 AM
it's working now. Copying all the folders, etc from the host application did the trick. However, now I have one client that is always "waiting" and never renders. I think I saw another post about that... anybody know the trick to this while I start looking?

many thanks,
doug

dann_stubbs
10-29-2005, 06:30 AM
it's working now. Copying all the folders, etc from the host application did the trick. However, now I have one client that is always "waiting" and never renders. I think I saw another post about that... anybody know the trick to this while I start looking?

is there a software firewall on?

or is that one computer missing quicktime installed?

dann

CGTalk Moderation
10-29-2005, 06:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.