PDA

View Full Version : Real (not 3d or virtual) model creation Fourm?

fvalicenti
10-28-2005, 06:43 PM
I was just looking around for a forum where one would discuss techniques on creating model (live model) creation, i usually find myself with lots of question when the moment comes for me to make a model for school, iīm sutdying industrial design (University of Buenos Aires) and they give you just a few pointers about this. I have a hard time finding the apropiate material for my models, usually high impact poliestirene (i donīt know if thatīs the actual name in english, itīs the material por aspirine blister packs fo example) others are polyfoam, carboard, polyfoam, acrilic, what we here call fibrofacil (sorry donīt have a clue on what this is called in english) and some others, main question might be how they react to diferent glues/solvents, who te make curved planes, filleted edges, choosing sandpapper grain and finishing details (if pyroxiline or other finishing materials can be apllied) and of course what type of paint to use and how to apply it.
I donīt know if this would fall under one of the existent forums or if it deserves itīs own, along with clay modelling and other techniques used in film making as well, since this forum is oriented mainly to that.
Iīd like to read feedback to this, see if anyone has similar issues, etc.

CGTalk Moderation
10-28-2005, 06:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.