PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Plane

tony3d
10-28-2005, 12:29 PM
Can one map an image sequence onto an alpha plane? I'm using Lightwave to render a volcano blast using the particle system, then I plan to map it onto a plane and place it in the crater in Vue. Can this be done?

daveh113
10-28-2005, 01:47 PM
yes this can be done. when you create a alpha plane and the alpha plane options opens. Select the first frame of your sequence. I used a .tga sequence for the test. Vue will notice that the frame is the first of a sequence and ask if you want the whole image sequence. Click yes... Then if you click on the material and open the editor to adjust frame rate and blending options. See image for screen shot. Then you will need to have your time line visible and set your animation for the length of your sequence. I have noticed when you play the timeline the sequence does not show up in the view port... Maybe this is something someone else has a trick for. But if you preview render your animation the sequence will play. And of course it will render in the final animation. Hope this helps..

Dave

CGTalk Moderation
10-28-2005, 01:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.