PDA

View Full Version : Help! Gray is brown!

visjes
10-27-2005, 11:52 PM
Okay, this is just weird. All gray tones in photoshop are brown. Gray-scale images are brown, desaturated areas of colour palettes desaturate to brown, everything that would have a grayish component rather has a brownish component.

This only occurs in photoshop (i.e. not in imageready), and only in colour palettes, images, etc. I have deleted my preferences, I have tried any number of colour spaces, etc. Nothing seems to work. Even my channels show up as brownscale rather than grayscale. See attached screenshots of this mess. Taking the screenshot captures the colour as the brown colour rather than the gray colour it's supposed to be, but photoshop still seems to be storing the colour as the right values (i.e. R 192 G 192 B 192 where if I screenshot it comes out as R 188 G 176 B 160).

When I save a file in photoshop, what should have been gray and was displayed as brown is successfully saved as gray which I can see fine in other applications.

Any ideas?

Mike

visjes
10-28-2005, 12:13 AM
Okay after trying all kinds of things it appears I could've just turned color management off. Something which I thought I had done, but apparently had not done correctly (I had gone about it in different ways than just selecting the "Color Management Off" option).

:rolleyes:

That was just weird.

CGTalk Moderation
10-28-2005, 12:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.