PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Clutsters. . .

Peace455
11-16-2002, 02:53 AM
Hello All.

In Using Maya 4.0

I've ran into an issue that is a noodle scratcher.

I have my character rigged and am about to start animating. I was about to move him to hos starting point in the animation, but when is started to move him, his clusters stayed and didn't move.

I tried parenting them to the root of the skeleton and it says "Cluster were grouped to preserve position" when I move the root of the skeleton the clusters bend my characters back in undersireable positions.

How do I or what do I parent the clusters to so that they will move with the skeleton but won't cause him to bend any?

Thanks for the help.

Peace

goosh
11-16-2002, 02:59 AM
Did you create the clusters with the "relative" option on?

G

Peace455
11-18-2002, 03:42 AM
At first I didn't have the relative mode turned on, then I went back and made new clusters with relative mode on and I moved the root skeleton forward to and the clustered stayed there.

I tired both with relative and without and niether mode worked, both mode's on and off and the clusters stayed in the place and didn't move with the root.

Do I need to have relative on then parent them to the root? or is there something I'm not doing right?

thanks

peace455

Peace455
11-18-2002, 03:46 AM
I went back and parented the cluster to the root and it worked the clusters moved with the root node.

thanks greatly for the help.

Peace455:D :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.