PDA

View Full Version : D'ariste matte painting

Personne
10-27-2005, 08:39 PM
I'm interested in this book but what about the shipping rates from Australia to North America (Canada)?

BeckyWC
10-27-2005, 08:59 PM
I purchased this book in August and the shipping was $15.20. It arrived promptly, with no delay. I received it about 4-5 days after I had placed my order.

You should have no problems.

hentsteph
10-27-2005, 11:14 PM
I'm thinking of geting it also, does it have step by step instructions or is it more of an inspiration giving book?

BeckyWC
10-27-2005, 11:46 PM
I have only had a cursory glance at the book since I purchased it because of the sell and purchase of my home, plus moving. But form what I have glanced I wouldn't exactly say it offers a step by step, but there are tutorials describing the steps taken to create the piece.

You won't be disappointed in purchasing yourself a copy. It is very informative.

AralX
10-29-2005, 08:40 AM
sorry to interupte but what does it exactly contian ... toutorials ?

halo
10-30-2005, 03:23 PM
pictures...and not a lot of actual matte paintings...and a few tutorials that aren't that in depth

if you like fantasy lanscapes and want a cursorary overview its for you. If you want to actually concentrate on matte paintings to an expert degree then erm, do they sale or return?

AralX
10-31-2005, 03:43 AM
Umm , so D'artist ... so you say there is some tutoral's if so give me the name of the ver. that contains it .. where can I buy it ?

sorrrrrry for getting Out of the subject ^^" -but I really want to try Out digital art Fantasy-landscaping- sounds fun

roguenroll
11-02-2005, 07:51 AM
the book is great and does have some step by steps, some going into some detail. I would get this for the articles and overall appeal though, not tutorials or training. If you want down and dirty tutorial training for matte painting, hands down the 'dylan cole DVDs' from gnomon are the way to go. Also check out the church, cheurer, and goerner dvds, awesome.

CGTalk Moderation
11-02-2005, 07:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.