PDA

View Full Version : Earthquake - VFX Challenge - Chico

Chico
11-16-2002, 12:23 AM
Morning all,

Im still not sure If I can complete this or not (work allowing etc) but I might just give it a go anyway :)

Was reading though all this and just got really inspired to jump in too :) A few nights ago I took some test footage but It was too dark and we were just playing anyway :) Tomorrow is Sunday (here) and sunday mornings are great as there is little traffic etc....but the weather is miserable so Ill see what I can get anyway.

Well I thought Id have a play and see if I could get something going here first. Results arnt too bad...animation looks neat.

http://www.oneglasseye.co.nz/uploads/NovWIP/WIP_01.jpg

Catch you guys later.

Knut
11-16-2002, 01:16 AM
Lots of fragments here! Are you using some sort of explotion-force/modifier. This can be sweet. I wonder if it might be best if you did not pulverise the whole road, but stop as it is in the center frame in your picture. Just a thought.

Good luck!:thumbsup:

A MacVey
11-16-2002, 06:30 PM
very cool! yeah i dont think the whole road would crumble like that though. I think the road would break apart then push together causing the edges of the crack to crumble and buckle making one side of the road go higher

Chico
11-17-2002, 09:47 PM
Roads are made of glass right.?

Nah, I was just having a bit f fun, its stillreal wet here so no good footage to be had :(

rendermonkey23
11-18-2002, 03:44 PM
Obsessive compulsive are we? ;) j/k

Take a look at those beautiful particle studio icons :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.