PDA

View Full Version : C4D script help

tanuki
10-27-2005, 05:53 PM
Hi C4D Folks,
Anyone could tell me about how can I use and write a script with c4d to customize the interface?
I am a newbye and don't know about the c4d script interface. Do we use the console ? How can I save and name a script ? Where do I start ? In what menue ?
It would be great if I could see just a little example of a script to get a better knowledge.
Thanks a bunch guys. :)

TimC
10-27-2005, 07:19 PM
Hi C4D Folks,
Anyone could tell me about how can I use and write a script with c4d to customize the interface?
I am a newbye and don't know about the c4d script interface. Do we use the console ? How can I save and name a script ? Where do I start ? In what menue ?
It would be great if I could see just a little example of a script to get a better knowledge.
Thanks a bunch guys. :)

Just choose Window > Script Manager

This will open, here you can write your scripts, save them, etc...

HTH
TimC

tanuki
10-27-2005, 07:25 PM
Just choose Window > Script Manager

This will open, here you can write your scripts, save them, etc...

HTH
TimC

Thank you TimC, but there is no "Script Manager" in the Window menu....what can I do ? Is the script manager hidding in another submenu ? I check everywhere in the window menu but no way....there is no script manager..:sad:

JoelOtron
10-27-2005, 07:52 PM
I just went through the same thing :)
--script manager doesnt show up for me either. Probably becasue I was using a pre customized interface.

Go under "window" -> layout -> command manager.

Scroll down to script manager and click the "edit pallettes" box.
Then drag the script manager icon onto your tool bar somwhere.
Then close the command manager. Click the command and the script manager window will appear. Make sure you save your layout. I'm sure theres an easier way--but this is how I got it to show up.

tanuki
10-27-2005, 07:56 PM
I just went through the same thing :)
--script manager doesnt show up for me either. Probably becasue I was using a pre customized interface.

Go under "window" -> layout -> command manager.

Scroll down to script manager and click the "edit pallettes" box.
Then drag the script manager icon onto your tool bar somwhere.
Then close the command manager. Click the command and the script manager window will appear. Make sure you save your layout. I'm sure theres an easier way--but this is how I got it to show up.

JoelD, thankx for your help but it still doesn't work, in the Command Manager I have all the commands listed alphabetically...and.... no Script Manager :rolleyes: , it looks like a curse !
No way to found the Script manager command .....any ideas are welcome.

JoelOtron
10-27-2005, 08:01 PM
That was actually kind of weird as I nearly posted the same question before figurng it out a few minutes prior to reading your post. Glad it worked.

Srek
10-27-2005, 08:51 PM
JoelD, thankx for your help but it still doesn't work, in the Command Manager I have all the commands listed alphabetically...and.... no Script Manager :rolleyes: , it looks like a curse !
No way to found the Script manager command .....any ideas are welcome.

Are you sure you have R9 running? The Script Manager and COFFEE scripts have been introduced with R9.

Cheers
Björn

tanuki
10-27-2005, 08:56 PM
Are you sure you have R9 running? The Script Manager and COFFEE scripts have been introduced with R9.

Cheers
Björn

Yes, it's the c4d 9.1 version, I really don't understand why I can't find the script manager.
I think I'd better go to bed now....I'm really getting mad with that problem, anyway thanks to all of you C4D guys for your help.

Srek
10-27-2005, 09:03 PM
Yes, it's the c4d 9.1 version, I really don't understand why I can't find the script manager.

Ehm, sorry, i meant 9.5 not 9.1. Scrtiptmanager and COFFEE scripting have been introduced in 9.5.
That would resolve the problem.

Cheers
Björn

tanuki
10-27-2005, 09:07 PM
Ehm, sorry, i meant 9.5 not 9.1. Scrtiptmanager and COFFEE scripting have been introduced in 9.5.
That would resolve the problem.

Ah, thank you so much Srek, I finally have the answer to my problem !

JoelOtron
10-27-2005, 09:08 PM
srek: But wasnt there an equivalent to the script manager in 9.1? The coffee manager?

Per-Anders
10-27-2005, 09:16 PM
yes, but via the COFFEE tag or COFFEE Xpresso node, the command line in the Console window or via COFFEE plugins

the thing is i think this is all barking up the wrong tree, the guy wants to customise the interface. in which case while he could do it via scripting, this would be a really slow way of doing it. I suggest instead if he wants to customise the interface he reads the New and Demo Users FAQ sticky thread at the top of this forum and the manual, the C4D interface is very easy to customise and requires no scripting.

CGTalk Moderation
10-27-2005, 09:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.