PDA

View Full Version : Gun

CD4
10-27-2005, 07:20 AM
hi there,
It's my 1st attempt to creat a low poly model with texture.I used 3ds max.Plz let me know, how do i import it any realtime game engine.plz i need your help to see this gun in realtime.I would also like to get few tutorials.
The polycount stands at 964 with 3x1k textures.
Crits welcome :)

AoB
10-27-2005, 10:43 AM
Nice gun.. very boxy tho, but dat seems to b wat ur goin 4, as for getn it in2 a gaming engine, it depends on wat engine ur using, it can varey..but for the good engins that r out there, wat u see on screen in max r even sumtimes in the render is wat it looks like in game.. and some tend to make the model worse looking.

CD4
10-27-2005, 10:50 AM
hi!
I tried to take this gun in Irrlicht's mesh viewer.I' also got the HDRI reflection in realtime.
Thanks a lot. :)

Nice gun.. very boxy tho, but dat seems to b wat ur goin 4, as for getn it in2 a gaming engine, it depends on wat engine ur using, it can varey..but for the good engins that r out there, wat u see on screen in max r even sumtimes in the render is wat it looks like in game.. and some tend to make the model worse looking.

HellBoy
10-27-2005, 03:18 PM
your texture is strong m8

well done, the gun/mesh it self is little as said boxy, but good use of texture

Bazooka Tooth
10-27-2005, 04:56 PM
Looks like you could reorganize your UV's and get more use of that texture.

AoB
10-27-2005, 05:37 PM
he no worries, keep up the good work..plus with sum engines u need to do alot of work on the textures, paint in every bumb and scratch, and others its amatter of playn around with the shaders dat come with it.. :)

CD4
10-27-2005, 06:18 PM
thanks..sure,i'll do all those changes.thanks a lot.. :)

CGTalk Moderation
10-27-2005, 06:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.