PDA

View Full Version : double the renders?! two cameras?

GregNeumayer
10-27-2005, 06:14 AM
Every time I render (command line, but I've also had it render using MayaBatch), I get two renders, as if I've used two cameras. One is myCam, and one is called myCamShape. Where is this coming from? It takes twice as long to render, and renders exactly the same thing twice! It looks like Maya thinks my Group node that my camera is in is another camera, but if I try to specifically specify the camera inside of it, it tells me there is "no such object."
Anyone else run into this?

(Maya 6, SW renderer)

Thanks,
Greg

robotinc
10-27-2005, 08:40 AM
Try turing off the "renderable" setting in the attribute editor for the cameras you don't won't to render. i think its in the output settings in the shape node

GregNeumayer
10-27-2005, 06:16 PM
Thanks, but that's the weird problem. There's a 'renderable' check box for the actual camera, but obviously not for the group node that thinks it's a camera. I either get a render from both or neither by toggling the box.

As an update, the problem seemed to fix itself when I deleted all other cameras in the scene. Although the duplicate renders were coming from the same camera (or it's group node), removing the other cameras seemed to help.

It's also odd that in the Render Globals it listed the offending camera as "cam1|cam1Shape" as if it had every intention of treating it as two cameras.

-Greg

robotinc
11-10-2005, 02:02 AM
hmmmm, were the shape nodes on the respective cameras named differently? sometimes maya freaks when they are not.

GregNeumayer
11-10-2005, 05:17 PM
They were, actually, simply due to my re-naming them with reckless abandon. Is there an official "naming scheme" that maya recommends using for cameras (as well as any node), especially as it pertains to its group?

I've also had a lot of issues with the Hypergraph using the wrong icons for transform nodes, groups, objects, etc. Could this be related to naming, or is it more likely a refresh issue?

Thanks,
Greg

DangerAhead
02-20-2006, 10:38 PM
I'm having the same problem. I imported a camera into my scene now I every frame renders twice before it actually writes to disk

CGTalk Moderation
02-20-2006, 10:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.