PDA

View Full Version : Setting the brush for opacity.

Beef Beany
10-27-2005, 02:48 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm a relative beginner who has been studying the Dylan Cole matte painting tutorial DVD (landscaping). I'm slowly starting to figure out how to set everything up optimally (assigning the hotkeys on the intuos tablet, etc), but there's one thing that has eluded me completely: How do I toggle my brushes in Photoshop to act in such a way that, as I apply more pressure, the brush becomes more opaque instead of less? This is one thing that Cole states at the beginning of most of his lectures, and it seems to be a pretty good setting to have when doing this type of painting.

I appreciate the assistance; I'm sure the location of this feature is right in my face, yet I simply can't find it.

FLCL
10-27-2005, 09:29 AM
i find it much easier personally to paint with a normal brush and adjust the opacity with the number keys while painting. I find it harder to control using pen pressure. But thats just me. If you want this then go to the brush palette, found up in the top right by your layer comps. Haven't got ps infront of me but i under one of the tabs theres an opacity setting, set the pull down menu to pen pressure. Thanks it. This can also be done for radius of brush too, but again i find this harder to control.

cheers

CGTalk Moderation
10-27-2005, 09:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.