PDA

View Full Version : render Aborting

erpel
10-26-2005, 10:47 PM
I am rendering with mental ray in maya 7. I have a scene with quite a few things but it has been rendering fine all this time I have have been working on it. Now ever since I switched o maya 7 some days ago the trouble started. First, it started to give me warnings all the time like maya tomr error no mental ray texture referenced. or : file error ... and then the path to one of my texture files. Then, it started to abort the render sometimes yes and sometimes not. In the script editor it said the scene may have become unstable . please save the file and exit maya. and then when I opened the file again it would render fine a few times and then...
but now it s even worse, now Always when I want to render a frame it aborts and it says down there Mental Ray out of memory Aborting...
What can I do???

smoluck
10-27-2005, 03:26 PM
I uncounter this error ..."mayatomr error" in the script editor.

I dinno what to do too !

kapollo
10-27-2005, 07:41 PM
try to post those errors here maybe someone will be able to say what's wrong

cheers
kapollo

brogh
10-27-2005, 08:37 PM
it can happen if you have plugged in mental ray other custom shaders wich are not "liked" from mental ray, try to remove the added lines if you have.

Try to post errors

Renzo Signori Pastorelli
10-28-2005, 07:22 PM
I ve had the same kinds of errors like no texture file referenced but so far it does render.
I hope it will not follow that pattern

erpel
10-28-2005, 07:28 PM
ok here are some of the latest few

// Warning: (Mayatomr.Shader) : Blendshapes6_pasted__mentalrayTexture5: no texture file referenced //
// Warning: (Mayatomr.Shader) : pasted__barquito1_mentalrayTexture1: no texture file referenced //
file -save;
// Warning: Could not find an appropriate startup camera: front. A substitute will be used. //
// Result: C:/Documents and Settings/Sofi/My Documents/maya/projects/Arverjero/scenes/Arverjero53.mb //
// Warning: (Mayatomr.Shader) : pasted__mentalrayTexture4: no texture file referenced //
// Warning: (Mayatomr.Shader) : mentalrayTexture3: no texture file referenced //
// Warning: (Mayatomr.Shader) : Blendshapes6_pasted__mentalrayTexture7: no texture file referenced //
// Warning: (Mayatomr.Shader) : pasted__Arverjero19_mentalrayTexture1: referenced writable texture file "c:/sss" already exists, overwrite //
// Warning: (Mayatomr.Shader) : pasted__Alverja1_mentalrayTexture1: no texture file referenced //
/ Warning: (Mayatomr.Shader) : mentalrayTexture3: no texture file referenced //
// Error: *Fatal* (mental ray) : mental ray encountered a fatal error. The system may have become unstable. Please save the scene and exit Maya. //
// Info (Mayatomr): Aborted //

:shrug:

brogh
10-28-2005, 08:56 PM
maybe it can depend on the fact that you have some pasted nodes Blendshapes6_pasted__mentalrayT.........

Try to investigate in the hypershade if all the texture connection are right .. it seems maya dont find them, if those are in the right place try this workaround.

select ALL and EXPORT to a new file.

For the unstable... mah .. it can depend on many things depending on OS an Computer that you have.

erpel
10-28-2005, 10:38 PM
I have tried the export all thing unfortunately it does not work.
here are some more error messages

PI 0.0 error 301095: while defining texture "Blendshapes6_pasted__mentalrayTexture6": redefinition of texture "swatch::Blendshapes6_pasted__mentalrayTexture6"
API 0.0 warn 302018: type conflict: "vector" is type vector, "maya_file" returns type color
RCFG 0.6 warn 542002: angle between normal and geometry normal > 90 degrees

mental ray: got 8 satellite CPUs.
API 0.0 warn 302018: type conflict: "input" is type vector, "maya_ramp" returns type color
API 0.0 warn 302018: type conflict: "input" is type vector, "maya_ramp" returns type color
API 0.0 warn 302018: type conflict: "specularColor" is type color, "maya_multdiv" returns type vector
API 0.0 warn 302018: type conflict: "specularColor" is type color, "maya_multdiv" returns type vector

API 0.0 warn 302018: type conflict: "vector" is type vector, "maya_file" returns type color
API 0.0 warn 302018: type conflict: "vector" is type vector, "maya_ramp" returns type color

API 0.0 error 301090: undefined instance symbol "spotLight4"
API 0.0 error 301063: undefined light instance "spotLight4"

brogh
10-29-2005, 12:58 AM

The input type vector fit's not the output of what your ramp outputs..
there are utilities color to vector etc etc .. it's telling you that yoiu didn't use the right type.

The same thing is for the others .. color with color etc etc .. pay attention ... it's not an error but a warning...

API 0.0 error 301090: undefined instance symbol "spotLight4"
API 0.0 error 301063: undefined light instance "spotLight4"

Do you have any light called spotlight4 ?

If not in the mental ray custom shaders of the scene ( I mean in some material of the scene ) You should see a spotLight4 connect to one or more shaders

this is telling you right what's written there :) but you can ignore it

PI 0.0 error 301095: while defining texture "Blendshapes6_pasted__mentalrayTexture6": redefinition of texture "swatch::Blendshapes6_pasted__mentalrayTexture6"

maybe is mental ray searching for this texture? or is it just an error of the swatch.. dunno ..

In any case it should render...

magsnus
10-29-2005, 02:54 PM
i would definitively try out Broghs comments, seems like you have a problem that should be fairly easy to fix.

Just wanted to add that if you happen to have the problem that maya dont batch render any file anymore you might want to try and delete your local settings for maya. Ive had that problem in linux atleast and then everything went back to normal after i deleted them.

erpel
10-30-2005, 08:10 AM
First of all thank you all for being so kind and taking the time to answer to my troubles.

I fixed it now, after trying 1000 things I ended up taking my boyfriends suggestion and deleting all the lights and it started rendering! (he saved my life) so I guess maybe it was either something to do with the lights that were in the scene had lots of light linking and were pasted from another file maybe there was some mix up in the connections there or since I created a simpler lighting the second time maybe it was a memory issue...
The thing is also I need to learn a bbit more about the connections and nodes specially in mental ray half of what brogh explained I didn completely understand...
I am thinking about getting that mental ray handbook is it any good? any of you know it?

brogh
10-30-2005, 02:49 PM
mental ray handbook is great :D also complex tought..

Let me try to explain a little bit more :

When you connect a mental ray node to another you have to connect them in the right way.

For example let's assume that you have to connect Node_A to Node_B, (ok you drag'n'drop MMB in the hypershade one material over the other using the connection editor, or link it in the attribute editor that's your choiche).

So you got this two nodes connected now, but you have to pay attention to another little thing.

There are different input and output types Scalar, Vector, Color.....

If a shader NODE_A expects a connection of type Color when you connect the NODE_B shader be sure that the output of this one is of the appropriate type, in this case Color.

Connecting to the wrong way outputs something like what you've posted:

this is telling you that : the input node where you have connected the maya_ramp expects a Vector type, BUT maya ramp outputs a COLOR type.

Ok it can work, the connection maybe works, and you have your render done in some cases, but this thing becomes more uncontrollable and for sure you will have problems in setting the appropriate value for the shaders to get the result that you want.

The solution of this is using the appropriate connection types using custom mental ray nodes like ctrl_colors (thanks to FrancescaLuce) that you can find here :LINK (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=198313&highlight=ctrl_colors)

With these you can simply convert one type to the other and getting rid of the warning.

For this one

its just telling you that the surface normal and the geometry have an angel that is bigger that 90 degrees.

if your model is ok ignore it ... but this is debatable... but it's not in case to go that deep for now tought ...

with a fast google search : LInk (http://www.highend3d.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=212706)

I hope You can understand now how the things work.

CGTalk Moderation
10-30-2005, 02:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.