PDA

View Full Version : Car chase Animation

Some_Genius
10-26-2005, 10:18 PM
Hi there. Im in my final year at University and for one of my projects im creating a short animation of a car chase. I've come up with a basic script at the moment for whats going to happen in the car chase and i was looking for some comments on it (both good and bad welcome). Ive spoken to my tutor about what ive got so far and he suggested that i could improve it by adding some more character to the film by having a little bit of character introduction at the beginning of the short befor they start the chase. Although i think this could be really good for the animation by hopefully giving the audience a little look into the presonalities of the characters which could in turn bring them into the short a bit more, im not sure about how i could do this as im hoping to have the animation last around the 1 minute mark.

Heres the basic short script so far.

EXT. ON STREET CORNER UNDER A STREET LIGHT.

A leaf slowly floats into view under the street lamp. The sound of cars approaching is heard. The camera flips round to see a car speed past followed by a police car.

EXT. FOLLOWING CHASE DOWN THE ROAD

The police car follows the assailant down the road whilst dodging slower vehicles.

EXT. ON STREET CORNER AT A ROAD JUNCTION

The two cars take the right hand corner at speed and have to quickly dodge oncoming traffic as they swerve out into the opposite lane. Another police car joins in the chase at this junction coming from the left.

EXT. RIDING ON TOP OF THE ASSAILANTS CAR

Assailant continuing to dodge the slower traffic with both police cars in hot pursuit edging closer. We see one police car break off from the chase and head down a side street.

EXT. RIDING ON TOP OF LOAN POLICE CAR

The loan police car rounds a corner just ahead of the chase and the assailant is "sandwiched" between the two police cars as they head into a tunnel.

INT. TUNNEL

The case continues with the three cars dodging slower vehicles in the tunnel. The assailant and the rear police car following switch to the oncoming side of the tunnel and have to dodge some on coming traffic. The chase then exits the tunnel.

EXT. QUIET COASTAL ROAD.

The chase head along a coastal road that runs along side the sea. The cars bunch up as they approach a tight corner on the wrong side of the road.

The front police car swerves to avoid an oncoming vehicle and takes the assailants car through the barrier and over the edge plummeting into the sea.

END OF CHASE - CREDITS

riot1
11-03-2005, 01:58 PM
Just a quick note, and something I always find captivating, is placing the camera low on the car just behind the front wheel then cut between you camera on the roof and the camera looking forward past the wheel. Of course, I'm assuming your wheels actuall go round and turn. You can do the same for the car in front by placing the camera in front of the rear wheel looking backwards. Adds a bit of excitement and increases perception of speed. Like the script, though. Punchy. A nice soundtrack also required. Something from Bullitt, perhaps?

CGTalk Moderation
11-03-2005, 01:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.