PDA

View Full Version : Thinking particles -groups off

ThePriest
10-26-2005, 08:08 PM
I have several particle streams that I consider perfected and i'm moving on to the final 4 solutions that need work.
Is it possible to temporarily disable the other solutions while I work on the new ones? Saving the computer the pain of calculating particle flows i'm already happy with.

Disconnecting a Node from PBorn/PStorm to PGroup works just fine, but is there a physical button that would do it for me?

AkaKico
10-26-2005, 08:23 PM
Under 'basic' in the pstorm or which generator you are using check off 'Enable'. I didn't notice it for awhile either :)

ThePriest
10-26-2005, 08:44 PM
Just what I needed and you can add the Disable value to the HUD for easy access.
Very cool stuff, Maxon rarely fails to please.

Srek
10-27-2005, 06:53 AM
You should create different XPresso Setups in different Xpresso Tags for the seperate parts. Then you can simply switch them on/off by enabeling disabeling the specific Xpresso Tag.
Cheers
Björn

Per-Anders
10-27-2005, 07:07 AM
Though you could use an Xgroup around each setup and then enable/disable this too (you could even add in On/Off Bool's to the overall inputs on the left hand side of the Xpresso window and link these in, these will then appear on the xpresso tag without having to open the xpresso pane itself.

ThePriest
10-27-2005, 07:47 AM
Excellent guys, thanks for your tips.
Srek, I already use seperate xpresso tags for different solutions as
everything in one solution seems to create a lag in the editor.
Using the enable/disable tag from here is much quicker than my current setup.

CGTalk Moderation
10-27-2005, 07:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.