PDA

View Full Version : DFI NF4 ULTRA INFINITY or MSI K8N Neo4-F ?

KIDI
10-26-2005, 01:00 PM
Hi :bounce:

In my country the DFI cost 55$ more than the MSI .
i want to know if there is a really significant difference between the two boards that justify
the 55$ ?

Thanks

deathman20
10-26-2005, 03:07 PM
From the looks of it though DFI has SATA II.

MSI has an extra PCI-E 4x slot, better audio onboard if not mistaken. Also JBOD on all the harddrive channels (where you can put 2 disks togeather to form 1 large one, its not a raided system).

On this site only 14 people rated the DFI board, they scored it as a 5/5. The MSI one looks like its been out for a while longer (no SATA II support) 599 votes for 4/5 score. Overall SATA II doesn't make much if any difference its just an added benifit of the board.
I'd say take the MSI board. Truely DFI's board doesn't have many features and is lacking a nice sound card if you care about that.

KIDI
10-26-2005, 06:48 PM
Thanks, you're really helped me :thumbsup: I think i will take the MSI.

SweetDreamz
10-27-2005, 01:00 AM
DFIs are usually OC'ers choice of board.

But the Infinity is a stripped down version of the Lanparty. It's suppose to be a cheap board. Around $100.

That MSI board is also a stripped down verson. They're pretty stable for the most part. Could OC abit but probably not as well as the DFI.

CGTalk Moderation
10-27-2005, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.