PDA

View Full Version : DV Deinterlanceing issue

overcontrast
10-26-2005, 12:25 PM
Hey guys,
I'm captured some footage from my Camcorder in DV format, now i need to deinterlance it. Premire dosent seem to do the job properly. The footage looks too unsmooth and motionblur seem to disapear.
My question is, is there any other way or mathod to deinterlance DV video that gives better quality and looks smooth? I would also like to know if 25i video can be turned into 24p.

Thanx for your help in advance

GallenWolf
10-26-2005, 02:31 PM
Hi there.
Have you tried Virtual Dub? http://www.virtualdub.org/ It's free. Just open the avi, and run the deinterlace filter.

25i? Do you mean 50i i.e. interlaced Pal capture? 50i to 24p should be possible; 50i -> Deinterlace -> 25p -> drop one frame -> 24p?

Hope that's right; I'm very very new to working with dv footage.

Alvin

curious_69_george
10-26-2005, 02:43 PM
I would use after effects or combustion. Combustion's deinterlacer though I find to be a little better.

In after effects use your footage intrepreter to change the frame rate.

overcontrast
11-01-2005, 03:38 PM
thanx guys... the thing here is i wanna capture some footage in 50i (thanx for correcting me GallenWolf) and convert it in 24p... which will look like film... and then do something with it.. mayb some FX shots... so if any1 is experienced in this field could u plz share some experience with us... reguarding captureing and plate preperations, and also any tips to get rig of small noise from the footages?....
thanx all again

Matty2Phatty
11-01-2005, 07:04 PM
which will look like film

more accurately, it will move at the same speed as film.

MadSkillzMan
11-03-2005, 06:23 AM
id have to say shake's deinterlacer is godly. magic bullet's is right up there

Lorecanth
11-09-2005, 01:01 AM
Reel Smarts Smart De-Interlacer is wonderful if you want an AE plugin that can go right into Premiere.

flapells
11-09-2005, 07:08 AM
I've tried Shake and Combustion, both of which did a good job on the footage for our film, but I was very surprised after doing a couple of tests to find that Final Cut Pro did a better job than either of them.

Kargokultti
11-19-2005, 10:32 AM
This might be a stupid question, but will you be printing it on film? Probably you are, but if not, then I'd use what ever was the appropriate frame rate for the end product.

The lame method for de-interlacing: if it's a short clip, I'd render it out as individual frames and then I'd run them through Photoshop as a batch action (y'know, when you make and action and then you go to file > automate > batch and so on).

CGTalk Moderation
11-19-2005, 10:32 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.