PDA

View Full Version : Screenwriting Blog

EricMLevy
10-26-2005, 09:30 AM
My screenwriting partner and I have started a screenwriting blog to document our evolution as writers.

Here's the link
http://wewritestuff.blogspot.com/

And here's the first post, explaining why we are doing this:

Everyone has a blog. Even you. Yours sucks though.

You, reader, don't need to know about my personal life. It's mine. Personal.

What could be interesting, though, is to track myself (Eric) , Nick, and whoever else wants to play in their slow climbs to the top of the writing world.

Since finishing the feature-length screenplay, Transit, Nick and I have learned gallons upon gallons of useful STUFF about writing. My mind is doing with writing what it has already done with anything on the television box. It chews it up, mixes it around, analyzes it, makes fun of it, maybe even appreciates it, and spits it out. School made my brain do that with visual media, now the practice of making screenplays is opening my eyes to how writing works.

The more we write, the better we become. That's how stuff works though, you know, with the whole practice making perfect thing. So here's why we're doing this:

We can document our transformation from Guys Who Write Stuff to Writers. Or from GWWS to Failures. It's a pretty thin line anyways.

I'm writing as if there is an audience for this. No one even knows about this except Nick and I right now.

I hope you, imaginary audience, enjoy.

bugzilla
10-27-2005, 03:25 PM

I love seeing people get into indie filmmaking, and I learn alot from the experiences other filmmakers have, but that attitude needs a check. I've met alot of indie screenwriters/filmmakers who think having an attitude and insulting people right out of the gate gets them artistic respect. It doesn't work. Simply present your work and be honest about what it is.

EricMLevy
10-27-2005, 05:37 PM
That's a joke. It's funny. I know it is, because I saw someone laugh when they read it. Plus, I laughed for like, I don't know, 45 minutes STRAIGHT when I wrote it. No, that was sarcasm, I actually just nose-laughed a little bit. The kind where you just blow a little air out your nose.

A joke.

Everyone has a sense of humor. Even you. Yours sucks though.

ZINGER!

Don't take that personally, just acknowledge the insulting clever-tude.
Eric

malcolmvexxed
10-30-2005, 08:13 PM
i thought that was pretty funny as an intro cause... seriously everybody does have a blog that's why nobody comments on one another's blogs lol.

Daniel-McMillan
10-30-2005, 08:28 PM

We can document our transformation from Guys Who Write Stuff to Writers. Or from GWWS to Failures. It's a pretty thin line anyways.

LOL. Funny. But sad.

Your a long way from being the only ones who know their shite, or who have achieved such an experience. Tell us something that is important to know, and it may be worth Godspeed.

-

CGTalk Moderation
10-30-2005, 08:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.