PDA

View Full Version : Deformation post Point Oven Pro....

DMack
10-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Hi,

Anyone figured out how to apply a deformation to an object in Lightwave AFTER and in ADDITION to the deformation created by Point Oven Pro. I'm asking in the LW forum but I'm guessing that POP will be more familiar to people here....:)

Thanks

David

bradenbickle
10-26-2005, 03:59 AM
I emailed Mark about this the other day. He said that at least Morph Mixer would not work POP or MDD specifically. That is a bummer. Not certain about other deformations but my guess is that it would be the same answer.

svintaj
10-26-2005, 12:01 PM
I don't always use the Point_Oven_Reader... you should try the MD_Plug!
LW internal displacements like bone deformations, is applyed before the displacementpugins, so the MD_Plug takes all points and move them to the world coordinates from the MDD. But if you check 'Key move' to ON, it may help some ... :thumbsup: ;)
And displacement-plugins who are applyed after the MD_Plug, should work!
I have used a Normal displacement plugin after the MD_Plug with no problem. :thumbsup:
You have to check:Key move ON and you also may have to set the SubdivisionOrder to after bones, I don't remember right now ...

/ Svante

DMack
10-26-2005, 05:18 PM
Great! I think that sounds like a plan!

markpassion
10-28-2005, 08:22 AM
MD_Plug and PO should work the same regarding this. Can you send me something that demonstrates they don't?

Mark

DMack
10-28-2005, 09:01 AM
Hi Mark,

I can't vouch for the MD_Plug way being successful (I haven't tried it yet) but as for POP, just make a sphere, deform it using anything and POP it, and then add another deformer, for example 'normal displacement' or 'texture displacement' and you'll notice that the non-POP deformations are ignored/overwritten. You can place them in any order to no avail. My first thought was LW was not processing them correctly....I mean, I'd guess that the deformation entries are additive and so 'texture displacement' would simply add on top of where the points are post POP......but it seems not.

PS POP really is a useful plugin - thanks!

svintaj
10-28-2005, 08:37 PM
MD_Plug and PO should work the same regarding this. Can you send me something that demonstrates they don't?
Mark

Maybe there is no different?? Well you don't have a "Key move" option in your interface, but maybe PointOven have "Key move: ON" all the time??

Why I was talking about MD_Plug is because when I did a pipeline test, I used the MD_Plug, and I did this test without PointOven. ( I had made an Obj sequence saver from Maya and tested to import the motion in LW. By first baking the sequence to an MDD file. )
I then used the MD_Plug together with aditional bone deformation, morfmixer and a normaldisplacement plugin at the same time! And it worked just well :thumbsup:

/ Svante

markpassion
10-31-2005, 11:19 PM
If I add a textured displacement after Point Oven it works with Point Oven perfectly. Are you saying it doesn't?

Mark

DMack
11-01-2005, 08:45 AM
I don't get this. I started the post because I tried hard in a scene to get it to work and it didn't seem to.....Now after Mark saying his does I go and do exactly the same and it works fine.....The only thing that has changed in between the two tests is the update of Sasquatch...which is placed in the deformation area....but I never guessed that this might interfere....I give up!

So Mark, in answer to your question....er....yes it seems ot work fine!

Mark - when Modo201 comes out - how about a POP converter for that and/or team up with someone else to get a simple 'frame advance render' plugin. It'd bring animation to modo and I'm guessing be rather popular!

CGTalk Moderation
11-01-2005, 08:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.