PDA

View Full Version : The ol' edit sphere.....

DMack
10-25-2005, 03:56 PM
Hi all,

I've got an armature controlling an IK target for an arm.....Whichever coordinate setting I use, I still, fairly regularly, come across erratic movements, uncongruous with my mouse/pen input. This is NOT the pen issue, which I have found a work around for....it is to do with the edit sphere seemingly not understanding how to move.

I seem to think that PMG are working on this. Can anyone at PMG confirm this?

stooch
10-26-2005, 07:16 PM
Yeah this bugs me too. Sometimes the transform input gets super sensitve and my controller flies off screen, happens when my viewport is at an oblique angle to the controller axis. I would really appreciate if the transforms behaved more like lightwave, where left mouse button handles x/z and right mouse button handled y and use the POV more intelligently to control the planes of movement.

DMack
10-26-2005, 10:29 PM
Yes, the 'oblique angle' does cause problems most of the time for me. I have also had it on transforms that looks very straight forward (aligned to up/down on screen). I await more info from PMG on this..........

CGTalk Moderation
10-26-2005, 10:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.